Gap Selvage denim?

Anything clothing related
0moorad0
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Gap Selvage denim?

Post by 0moorad0 »

has anyone tried it?
cus i was looking for shit on old navy and i clicked gap to check out what they had and came across the selvage denim.
Has anyone bought or tired it?
Geek.
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Re: Gap Selvage denim?

Post by Geek. »

UO unbranded > gap
0moorad0
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by 0moorad0 »

lol im a levis kind of guy im not really into jeans but im getting tired of the two pairs i have so im just lookiing for other options haha
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

There were alot of sales on pretty good denim on BF. Today's cyber Monday. So there might be some deals today. I've never really been into the Nudies and all of the selvege stuff. I've always been a 7FAM person. And they had 40% off over the weekend. I bought 3 pairs for a little more than 300 and I'm super happy with them. The Slimmy cut is perfect for me, I don't need them altered, hemmed or anything.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

I've got a pair of the 'skinny' gap selvage denim on right now. Just bought them a few weeks ago and have been rocking them pretty steady in the rotation. I've got another pair that were straight leg that I bought a couple years ago. I had to go with a bigger waist size because they only did 33w w/ 36l.

The denim is not as thing (oz) as what you would pay for more premium denim, but you catch them on sale and they're 50 bucks for a pair...you can't really beat them for the price. It seems like I get more complements on the Gap ones than I do my APC new standards, which is as far off as I ventured into the whole selvage jean thing.
size11.5
crisone
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by crisone »

Here's some old pics of my GAP Selvedge "Gough", 2 different pairs, one cut skinnier than the other, from maybe 3-4 years + ago, and for the price at that time, the quality was great, I actually still have my pair somewhere, I'll try to find them:

And I remember after this pic, mad emails and PM's about the Denim:

Damn, I look skinnier then, haha.

Cris.
IG: @crisone
chukkaboot
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by chukkaboot »

really good denim theyre super comfortable you wont get the best fades but theyll turn out pretty nice
i bought mine in 09 for 100 and wore them for a good 7 months i can post pics tomorrow i definately recommend buying these.
0moorad0
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by 0moorad0 »

alright its settled then imma buy some gap selvage haha and im guessing i should get a 33 or 34? cus im a 32
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

I would buy a 31 or 30 if you're a 32. They'll be tight at first but in a week, they'll be fine. I normally wear 34 and the 32's in the slim work perfect for me.
size11.5
0moorad0
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by 0moorad0 »

ok cool thanks i think imma try to go down sometime this weekend haha
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

Unbranded Selvedge denim is the cheapest one that has thick denim. (Those are the ones that I wear Murad.)

Check Urban Outfitters.
0moorad0
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by 0moorad0 »

the gap by my house is sold out wtf......is holiday shopping really that intense o_o
ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by ryanskeet »

thanks to jonli i got a pair of the unbranded denim last week. been wearing em everyday. 14.5 oz denim for $40 so its pretty decent..
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

ryanskeet wrote:thanks to jonli i got a pair of the unbranded denim last week. been wearing em everyday. 14.5 oz denim for $40 so its pretty decent..

Free advertising... Haha.

To me, Unbranded Denim is good enough for me although the denim heads call it whack. :lol:
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

UD seems interesting, but how do I size on them? On urbanoutfitters I can see only one measurement - from 28 to 36. But what is their length? I usually wear W31L34 in Levi's.