Ol' School DC's

NikeSB, Cons, DC, Etnies, etc.
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Ol' School DC's

Post by jacobmontana »

Just came across this old ad & totally forgot i had these! Anyone got some info on these DC's?

Instagram: jakemontana1
Twitter: JacobMontana
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Ol' School DC's

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I never had a DC Carroll, but I had a similar looking DC shoe that was grey, blue, and yellow. I want that shoe again. AND a cleaner pair of Osiris D3 OGs, not 2001s. I have an all black pair, that I wore for a year straight, and they still held up pretty well. Classics right there.
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by jacobmontana »

Im not sure if MC actually had a Sig DC or if he just promoted a couple pairs. I remember copping the OG danny WAys when i was at woodward...damn DC's used to be super fresh.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I saw the retro DW1s at the Rack last year...passed though. All white, with his sig on the tongue.
jacobmontana
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by jacobmontana »

Damn yall and ur sick rack pick ups! My rack aint got shit!
magas
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by magas »

i hope you don't get made fun of when you rock D3's. hahaha.... i'm so glad that era of skateboarding style had passed.
I LIKE IT ROUND LIKE THE MOON
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

Never had any of the Carroll's, but I had multiple pairs for the Clockers and Boxers in the 90's. I loved skating in those shoes - at the time, I though: the bigger the better. The SAL 23's where what changed my mind. They were the first pair I wore that wasn't as bulky and that's when I started slimming them down.

The skateshop that I worked at occasionally in the early 2000's had a DC account and we used to do massive orders and the owners would let uis get anything we wanted at cost...as long as we had enough of our friends rolling in buying. I've still got a buddy who has boxes of untouched shoes from the same time period at his place. I'll have to ask him what he's got.
size11.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

magas wrote:i hope you don't get made fun of when you rock D3's. hahaha.... i'm so glad that era of skateboarding style had passed.

Naw homie, in fact, it's the opposite. Nostalgia had people giving props for my D3s, because EVERYONE back in 2000 had a pair, and the chunkiness is what made that shoe so popular. Not with skaters so much, but with every other shoe buyer, like me, who would walk into an Active, or other local skateshop, looking for some new shoes. They are one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I've ever owned, despite being pretty damn heavy. The DVS Bexley almost had that style coming back about 5 years ago, too. At least, with the "bro's" and street bikers. Skaters have migrated towards the skinny look over the past few years, but what do the rest of us big guys do? Not everyone is into Jordans, or basketball shoes, or runners, so the chunky skater shoe still has a place, but just not in any trendy fashion-forward environment.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Speaking of bro's, I remember when the bro's took over Adio with them Wray's. But yeah those D3's were a hit when I was in Jr. High, everyone and their mom was on those, along with those bulky ass globes that were pretty much just socks. Thats along the era were I discovered Vans and shook my head at the Idea of bulky shoes. Everything in my collection is low-profile and slim, no hi-tops or mid's for me. I don't hate on em', their just not for me.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I just wonder what's next?! Back in the 90s, "technical shoes" were just a gimmick, and the technical portion of the shoe wasn't even near the term technical, but now days, the technology is proven to be beneficial, but it just doesn't look good for some reason...speaking of lunarsoles, zigtech (my opinion), and a few others. People just aren't ready for them yet.
Geek.
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Geek. »

Man i remember these, skated the shit out of these

and D3's man i loved those things! haha
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

My favorite DC shoe was the Alias, a runner-type skate shoe. I just saw that DC is coming out with a lighter, slimmed down version of it this season. Might cop.

I also was really into the first 4 shoes in the DVS Daewon series (yeah, that's why my sn is what it is). I beat the hell out of the ones I had and a 2 of em got stolen when I had my GS-R. Too bad they're nearly impossible to find these days.
@bythedaesend (twitter + instagram)
Wanted:
Vans x in4mation Chukka Low size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans x Supreme Old Skool S/S '11 grey/purple size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Era 45 Fixed Gear (any color) size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Syndicate x Usugrow set 10 DS/VNDS

**Supreme/Syndicate/Proper/In4mation+more** sz 9.5-10.5
luisnskates
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by luisnskates »

Did anyone have any of Muskas Circas around this time? I had the CM901 and CM902. Remember the tongue stash pockets?
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

They were the shit! I've always wanted a pair.
I was also super stoked when Fallen Rivals came out. I still want them, since my Lo-Fi pair is thrashed.
herrasmoovy
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by herrasmoovy »

man, these bring back mad memories for me... anybody remember girl co-owner, rick howard's shoes that he came out with on dc? such a solid looking shoe!