Waxed laces..

NikeSB, Cons, DC, Etnies, etc.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Waxed laces..

Post by JesseC »

Rip just as fucking fast as any other laces! I skated my AVE/DILL Sk8 Lo's (among other Vans/Gravis' with waxed laces) and they rip in 2-3 sesh's. Sometimes I fel like the waxed ones rip even quicker than the normal ones.

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Anyone else notice this?
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Waxed laces..

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I wonder if it has something to do with making the lace less elastic, so instead of stretching, it just snaps?
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

I definitely thing that a contributer, actually. They rip so bad, it's messed up. Normally the shoes with the waxed laces wont look good with other ones either so after I rip em, I have to keep em in there!
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
magas
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by magas »

my laces on the zero lo syndicate is fine. it depends on how you skate how you slide your foot, etc. they are just laces anyway, if they break then get new ones. i'm sure you got other laces.
I LIKE IT ROUND LIKE THE MOON
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Yeah but I can never find new matching waxed ones and I'm ALWAYS short the short era/zero lo etc range of laces. I only have long white ones from the Lakai days. I do care to an extent about how my skate shoes look. It's the sneaker head within me. I know I can just put another lace in.

I use my whole foot(feet) when I skate so the laces go first. I just wish the waxed ones actually lasted.

Thanks for the love though dude, this part of the forum is so dead!
Looking to buy: