STRICTLY VANS FB PAGE!

eBay reports, outlets, discount stores, etc.
RichyNguyen
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Re: STRICTLY VANS FB PAGE!

Post by RichyNguyen »

Request Sent.
Clark W Grizwald
UTPL Private

Post by Clark W Grizwald »

Still waiting on my request to be approved
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

same
sz12
checkeredpast
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by checkeredpast »

chrisVH wrote:If I had a fb I woulda joined.
Same here, Chris. Just no interest in FB.
Slips, Eras, and Auth's...oh my!

Size 9

WANTED
Moon Eyes Eras (black or white)
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

They have potential too! Got a pretty fast following of Vans people (albeit mostly resellers), who seemed to have never heard of OTWS. Ouch! What is that pain? Oh, it's just my ego, lol. JK.
Clark W Grizwald
UTPL Private

Wow, I posted I was looking for tortoise shells and got around 15 reply's thread jacking (in the rules)... Then the main offender posted a thread looking for them after I introduced them to him.. posted replies to his thread = me banned.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

That's just tacky. They want to control the content by strong arming people. I allow freedom of speech over here, and an example would be, I don't listen to people who have gone to the lengths of asking me to take down heads up posts of eBay auctions, so that they can have a better chance of winning them. Who's to stop someone else from posting the same publicly available information?! I do hide certain forum sections to visitors, but that's because I want the members to be able to have something that will benefit them.

In the end, everyone's free to raise their baby (forum, group, club, etc.) the way they want to, so long as it's not illegal, even if it's questionable or a bad practice.
Clark W Grizwald
UTPL Private

Cant argue with that.
mackiv
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by mackiv »

Not for nuthin...but I feel like that group is just supreme FB group spillover...lots of hype and not a whole lot of personal display of taste in collection (that wasn't here already first!) and it seems as tho anything that's not wtaps doesn't resell at a respectable enough price. I honestly only use that to my advantage by staying tuned for deals...but as far as a social destination for someone who sees vans beyond the highest dollar amount it can achieve in the hypbeast forum, its definitely lacking every single thing that this forum already has....

I will say that one of the "mods" over there tho is a pretty cool dude, w/ ever one picks the group pages monthly pic....not the other one....
MacKIV on instagram
Sz 12-13

wut'chu got fo sale in my size?
ALSO LOOKIN FOR HOSOI RISING SUN SLIP-ON SZ 12-13
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I've met JoeySB before, at UNDFTD, and he's a real cool dude. He started out the FB page cause our traffic is slow over here, and activity is slow. I can't disagree with that, lol. Sometimes we can go an entire weekend without seeing a new comment made! I can see where that can be a negative, if you're coming from Sole Collector forums, Hypebeast forums, StrictlySupreme forums, etc. Those operate like a damn NY stock exchange. It's busy, chaotic, unorganized, and includes a whole lot of fuckery going on, with the trolls, scammers, know-it-alls, and resellers. OTWS never operated like that, even before I resurrected it. You look forward to interacting with people on here, sharing your stuff, and helping them find kicks. It's personal over here, even if most of us have never met each other. Maybe it's cause of the miniscule population we have, but maybe it's because outsiders who are just "passer by's" don't really appreciate and see Vans the way we do. While they're busy making up names for this dunk or that dunk, and buying up restocks over and over again, we're over here talking about how dope the gun keychain and body bag accessories were, on the Ice-T pack, or how the new gel insoles compare to the older ones, or how VFC rubber is shitty! We know our stuff, and we all learn from one another, thus being able to school somebody else who comes to us with questions about Vans. We're all our friend's Vans expert, right? They come to us with questions, and they always ask us where to find stuff for them. We're ambassadors yo! Feel proud. Don't judge. Be cool. SWAG.

LoL, K stepping off the soapbox.
Cold World
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Cold World »

JoeySB=ColdWorld=Joey

Eddie and I thought it was strange there wasnt a Facebook Page, so we created one.

Mr Guam is a good dude, our undftd meet was rad. Long time coming for those dunks eh!?!!!
mackiv wrote:Not for nuthin...but I feel like that group is just supreme FB group spillover...lots of hype and not a whole lot of personal display of taste in collection (that wasn't here already first!) and it seems as tho anything that's not wtaps doesn't resell at a respectable enough price. I honestly only use that to my advantage by staying tuned for deals...but as far as a social destination for someone who sees vans beyond the highest dollar amount it can achieve in the hypbeast forum, its definitely lacking every single thing that this forum already has....

I will say that one of the "mods" over there tho is a pretty cool dude, w/ ever one picks the group pages monthly pic....not the other one....
Im the other mod. Ha.
Yea, facebook is filled with kids, and the "spillover" you speak of. Come in and contribute instead of complaining. And if you are, thanks. Its a giant cluster atm but we keep it tight. There are rules, you read the rules and follow them to help with the clutter.

To the dude up top, send me a PM and ill get you back in.

These are at the top of the page... I mean, we have rules for order, not to control, but for safety for buying/selling and what not. Were not Nazis. We are regualr people that like vans. Thats it.
"RULES:

1. VANS ONLY.
2. VANS ONLY.
3. All sales and trade posts MUST be tagged with your NAME.
4. All sales and trade posts MUST have a price. No "offer up," no "interest check."
5. Hijacking a thread = BAN.
6. One bump per 24 hours.
7. No "photo for attention." We can read.
8. VANS ONLY.
9. VANS ONLY.

If you don't follow these rules, your post will be removed or you will be banned!"

Not hard to read that, yet people dont. Just want support for Vans thats it.

An easy place to buy,sell,trade,get stock updates ETC.
Last edited by Cold World on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cold World
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Cold World »

Clark W Grizwald wrote:Wow, I posted I was looking for tortoise shells and got around 15 reply's thread jacking (in the rules)... Then the main offender posted a thread looking for them after I introduced them to him.. posted replies to his thread = me banned.
Sorry about that. Like i said, message me. We are trying to keep the clutter clear. Thanks
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Mr. Cold World is doing the lords work! Keep it up, and we'll link up at the next SD function, probably somewhere on 8th&G. Bolt Up!
Cold World
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Cold World »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Mr. Cold World is doing the lords work! Keep it up, and we'll link up at the next SD function, probably somewhere on 8th&G. Bolt Up!
Yes YES and YES!

#BOLTUP!
Clark W Grizwald
UTPL Private

I got banned from this group like a year ago for absolutely no reason. would love to be able to access it again...