2010 Photography Thread:

Post up your artistic work here.
5150marley
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Re: 2010 Photography Thread:

Post by 5150marley »

Anybody heard about this camera..... sounds pretty interesting.

The Lytro Light Field Camera starts with an 8X optical zoom, f/2 aperture lens.

Since you'll capture the color, intensity, and direction of all the light, you can experience the first major light field capability - focusing after the fact.

Focus and re-focus, anywhere in the picture.

You can refocus your pictures at anytime, after the fact...

Check out the site and play with it.....

https://www.lytro.com/
"The past is frozen ,the future is vapor. The moment is liquid" -unknown

-Size 8.5 (old skools) or 9 (for anything mid or Half Cab styles)... 8 (for slip-ons)
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Interesting, cool, and smart...but is it practical? It only saves their "interactive" pictures in it's own format. Do they have software that converts the photo to a standard jpeg or raw photo? Of course the conversion software would basically freeze the picture in whatever focus depth you chose for it, but if they don't allow the file to be converted to a standard photo, that means you'll need to use their own picture viewer plugin, so that means if you want to post your photos on any site or forum, then you'll have to embed them like a youtube or vimeo video. Too much work, just to post a picture (if this is how it will work). That's my take on it!

This is a good technology though, for editing the focus point on a picture, which is cool, but as long as there's a way to convert it back to a standard photo, for realistic use, and not just for the sake of people being able to play with your photos, then that's cool.
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

I haven't read a great deal about this, but it sounds like you'd upload their file to their website and manipulate it there? Again, I'm a little unclear, but whether it's on- or offline, I'd hope there'd be the usual set of export options...

It's exciting tech, and we'll see what happens with it, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.