Escape to Paradise *Sneak Peak*

Custom shoe artist's creations.
Lostsoul125
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Escape to Paradise *Sneak Peak*

Post by Lostsoul125 »

Here's a sneak peak of what I worked on the past couple days.

Basically bought a gr era and wanted to make it sort of a Decon CA era (without the insoles). Decon CA eras look cleaner than normal GR eras in my opinion.

I'll get final pictures up in the next few days hopefully.

Edit----

sorry it's been raining and gloomy in SD so only got to snap a few pictures but this is my favorite one

Last edited by Lostsoul125 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Escape to Paradise *Sneak Peak*

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Nice patterns. Do you do Sk8-Hi's as well? I took apart one, and cut out material for the side panels, and I can't even imagine beginning on putting it back together, haha!
Lostsoul125
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Lostsoul125 »

Guam, I can do sk8 highs. I've taken apart chukkas, eras, different eras, half cabs, sk8 highs, and 106.

If you are starting on a sk8 high, that's pretty ambitious haha. The biggest advice I can give you is take your time and start with a forgiving material. The biggest issue is not getting straight/correct stitches that flow together. My work is all done by hand but if you make them with a sewing machine then that is a different story.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, I bought a sewing awl, so yeah all manual here, too. I've only practiced on stuffing Dunk SB tongues, and I think I sorta have the awl stitching figured out, but props to you and your pretty clean stitch lines. It's such tedious work, and also to find each original hole? Damn that's a task! Also, I hate getting that factory glue all over my fingers, from the foam padding on the ankle of the Sk8-Hi. I should've started with a tongue swap or something, on an Era or Authentic!
id10tech
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by id10tech »

Jealous of the skill, man.
FUCK a RE-Seller