Site Suggestion/Discussion Thread

Post suggestions as to what would help out this forum
D vi3t Ho
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Re: Site Suggestion/Discussion Thread

Post by D vi3t Ho »

idk if im blind or if it doesnt exist. but ive been looking for a search toolbar like other forums would have. any pointers to where i can find it ?

also where can i find the use control panel ?
ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by ryanskeet »

there isn't a search toolbar at the homepage i dont believe.. but when you click lets say "syndicate" itll show at the bottom..
& user control panel is up top under the OTW logo
D vi3t Ho
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by D vi3t Ho »

ryanskeet wrote:there isn't a search toolbar at the homepage i dont believe.. but when you click lets say "syndicate" itll show at the bottom..
& user control panel is up top under the OTW logo

cool thanks for pointing that out ryan.

i guess my stuff under the OTW logo has white font so it blended in with the white background..
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, I haven't really tried to mess with the theme that I'm using for the forum, but it is sort of annoying when the words blend in almost with the top bar. I think most of us have gotten used to it, hehe. As for the search bar, I can't modify the theme, but there is a search link on the top.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

So today, I decided to mess around with the stylesheet of the theme, and I found out that some of the coding was done improperly, and that's why some of the titles, and wording was damn near invisible. I've changed the colors of some of the upper text, and wow, what a fuckin' difference! I've also been playing around with the user groups. Most of you will have a title of "OTWS Founder" under your name. If you've joined by today, then you are an honorary member. I will also accept old members from the old site, who still haven't found us. They can request membership into it. Any other suggestions anyone? I'm starting to get the hang of basic PHP coding.
ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by ryanskeet »

good stuff guam! I noticed the color change immediately. I didnt even know 'TEAM OTWS, OTHER BRANDS, VANS KICKS, etc.." existed lol slowly but surely this forums coming along
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I think it'd be helpful to have an "Agreements" or "Pending Transactions" forum to officiate the buying trading and selling on the forum. I think it's important to establish something like this to keep the forum as legit as possible. to do our best to prevent any fraud or scamming.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, but since the beginning, I was looking into a type of classifieds system, like SC forums, but it's just not possible. The phpCA coding doesn't seem to be that easy to use. I'm too much of a novice with php code, to even start to figure out why it doesn't work on here. For now, just use the vouch thread, to build your rep. I would love to have a buy and sell system like SC forums, but until then, we gotta make do with what we have.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I understand that it isn't super simple to set up a new system like that but I think we are talking about 2 different things, What I'm refering to is the old marketplace system that SC had back in 06, 07. it was simple and effective, until the site began to rapidly grow, it seemed like that happened over night. I'm not a huge fan of the current marketplace, or the system that was inplace right before it, when it had a 48 hour bump limit, and only the author could post on the listing. I'm refering to when it was the same system that you have set up right now with the addition of an "Agreements" section.

all that it would include is;

----------------------
----------------------

Agreement between DJguamstyles & FTHATIMFAMOUS

FTHATIMFAMOUS recieves:
DS size 9.5 003 W)Tap Chukkas

DJguamstyles recieves:
$12 via paypal sent as gift

DJguamstyles will ship the shoes after recieving a payment of $12 via paypal, the shoes will be shipped to the adress provided by paypal overnight, with delivery confirmation and insurance to FTHATIMFAMOUS.

*Listing link*

-------------
-------------

O and you can honor this agreement if you would like to, I dont mind either way. :D

Once again, I do not mean to come off as some ass making demands to change this forum, I simply want to help this forum to grow and develop as some of the other popular forums have. I understand that Vans do not have a huge following and this site may never reach the number of members that SC or NT have, because this is such a specialized site, but why not make it as good as we can? Also as a member of this forum and other various shoe forums, I use these forums primarily as an opportuniy to shop and buy alot of the things that never make it to ebay or flightclub or RIF or any other mainstream, wide spread outlet. Lastly I'd hate to jump onto the MAKE ME A MOD! list but if you do decide to add this section I would be willing and able to help inforce the rules and regulations that are in place. I know that as this forum grows and develops there will be a greater demand and need for people to help out with something like this. and I feel that since I brought this up I have some sort of obligation to help it operate correctly. So let me know if you feel that that is needed. I'd be willing to help out.

I'm sorry if I am annoying you or if you feel insulted by my constant suggestions, just know that I am simply trying to help. Let me know if you want me to stop!

Thanks for allowing me to give you my input.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Great input. I wish more people were as detailed about what they see needed here. I agree, it is a pretty simple thing to set up an agreement section, and yes, I will get that created ASAP. It's totally worth it. AND...if I need it, I will look into asking for more help with MODs, and I will consider you, thanks!
ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by ryanskeet »

I see we have ranks now
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

edit: was writing this as Ryan was typing!

If you've noticed, some of you have started seeing rank images posted up. Currently I've got a military theme going, but if anyone has some good small Vans logos that we can use, or if there's any ideas, like filling out a logo, that would be cool too, like as you gain more posts, you start to fill in an image of a shoe or some shit? Ideas?
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

:D :cry: :roll: :evil: :?: :idea:

Also experimenting with some of the smilies. Damn trying to convert the smilies that we all love to use on some other forums is hard to do! Don't try to type them out, because they aren't programmed for the forum, just click on the image of the smilie...that is, if you can see it okay. I don't know why it's squishing in the preview? Oh well, at least it works 8-)
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

Maybe we could have a Generic or all inclusive section in the Vans Kicks section, for discussion about Vans in general, some things apply to multiple catigories and really dont have a home in any one. Some topics will apply to Syndicate, Vault, Cali, GR, CO.JP. . . Just a suggestion, I dont know how much its really needed, I just realized we dont have one of those yet, so I thought it could hurt to throw this up.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

ryanskeet
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by ryanskeet »

i dont know if its my lack of html skills, but is there anyway to insert youtube videos in posts rather than it being a link to the youtube video?