Shipping Q&A

Anything goes...put on your flame suit!
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: Shipping Q&A

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

I ordered hyperdunks on eastbay back in 08 and they came in a bag.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

I can't sent them first class as they weigh almost 2 lbs. and the limit for 1st class is 13 ounces.
A reply I recieved from one ebay seller. I've had shoes sent to me via 1st class mail before, but I just want to make sure - there is no such thing as a 13 ounces limit for 1st class mail? And what would be the estimate shipping cost (to Poland, 1st class mail) for a pair of vans w/o box? Shipping shoes with box usually costs about 30 bucks via 1st class mail. And now the seller changed shipping method to 1st class mail (was priority mail before) but cost of intl shipping is still 25 bucks - is that a normal price?
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Check out USPS.com, cause that's where he's shipping from. It's less hassle to ship Priority, and less paperwork. Plus, stuff hardly gets lost.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Thanks Billy, shipping should be 21 bucks.
Can anyone do a price check of DS Nike Air Foamposite Dirty Copper US12? With box and w/o box (I don't know if the seller includes boxes). Dudes from basketball price check on iss haven't replied yet.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Coppers? Ehh $200 or a little more. Remember, you can always find a deal when someone either needs money bad, or they don't want to drag out their sellling process. These shouldn't be hard to find at all. Another good rule of thumb is to not pay more than what Flight Club charges! That's for the celebs, and people who got lots of cash to spend.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Actually I'm selling them ;P
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Hehe, ohh. Well same thing then. U need money bad?
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Well, I need money, but not that bad :P
thesportsaddict from ISS said 'Around $250 + area... ds', so I'll probably set the price to 250, but will take offers.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Sounds good.
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

Wanted to get some others opinions on the subject, because I've had some questions pop up recently and I always thought I was dealing with what was available and I just wanted to make sure.

For international shipping, I have always used USPS Priority Mail International. This generally cost me around 30-45 dollars depending on where I am sending the item (take into consideration that I am generally sending size 11.5 shoes, double box all of my items, weigh them, and print my shipping - then I drop them off at USPS or request a pick up at my home). I have never seen the option to have tracking, but I generally get an email on send and receipt of the package. I believe the estimated shipping time is usually 5-7 days time for this.

My questions is - people shipping out of the states, are you aware of any other international shipping service that are cheaper? Am I wrong that USPS doesn't provide tracking, aside from the email notifications?

I've had a 100% success with shipping overseas this way, but I was just curious how others are handling it. I either get people who are completely comfortable with it or others who are really thrown by the price. I'll get the "well, so and so sent me a package to Japan last week and only charged me 10 bucks for shipping." Of couse when I ask them how it was sent, they never respond.

Any insight would be helpful. I don't mind sending stuff overseas and of course I want to offer the cheapest means of getting items to everyone if it helps them sell.
size11.5
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Stoopz wrote:Am I wrong that USPS doesn't provide tracking
I always ship through USPS, and they should ask you when your paying if you want tracking. I believe it's usually 75 cents, and they give you a print out with the tracking number on it.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

akamedaniel wrote:
Stoopz wrote:Am I wrong that USPS doesn't provide tracking
I always ship through USPS, and they should ask you when your paying if you want tracking. I believe it's usually 75 cents, and they give you a print out with the tracking number on it.
I feel pretty stupid right now, because last night I realized that the Track & Confirm number is barried in the Payment Confirmation area of the email you receive when you pay for shipping online. Doh.
size11.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, any USPS Priority Mail service has a tracking#. I only use USPS for Int'l packages because it's the most simple way. I go with what I know, and besides, they are fast!!!
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

USPS has been super slow for me lately! It took 6 business days plus a sunday for my shoes to arrive. I was freaking out too because there were two updates otl, not including a "you item is out for dilivery at...." update. I've heard they're cutting several hundred offices and employess so I think they my be understaffed. I always held them so high.

Fedex is fast. I don't recall the shipping type but for $7 my package arrived double boxed in 2 days. Seller was seling high quality Vault product f0r around $30-40 + $7, so he couldn't have been biting the bullet and paying extra out of his pocket. It was that recent ebay drop for the Premio Sk8 Hi's.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
Fredyws
UTPL Private

Post by Fredyws »

meh, I kinda get it, ebay fees aka their percentage and then paypal fees (for sellers, which I hate because it's essentially the same company far as I know).