St. Alfred x Vans Chukka

Vans' limited edition premium line.
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

St. Alfred x Vans Chukka

Post by daewond3r »

http://hypebeast.com/2012/10/st-alfreds ... chukka-lx/
With the Windy City’s harsh weather in full effect, Chicago-based retailer Saint Alfred aligns with Vans Vault to create a specially designed Chukka LX to aid in taking on the fall months with purpose and style. This release evolves from a previously curated series between the two brands and the MLB which saw the use of the Chukka LX sillhouette back in 2010. This time around the renowned Vans model is treated with a reverse waffle sole to prevent a pavement slip and give more tread, as well as a resin coated canvas upper capable of repelling water. Additional details include a premium leather lining and 3 extra laces: hiking laces; red waxed laces; and black waxed laces. Limited to 200 pairs, this collaborative Chukka LX will be available exclusively at Saint Alfred, Saint Alfred’s webstore, Kicks/HI and Bodega. Below we sat down with Saint Alfred general manager Frank DiGiovanni to discuss the project a bit further.
Really clean. Love the materials used.
@bythedaesend (twitter + instagram)
Wanted:
Vans x in4mation Chukka Low size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans x Supreme Old Skool S/S '11 grey/purple size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Era 45 Fixed Gear (any color) size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Syndicate x Usugrow set 10 DS/VNDS

**Supreme/Syndicate/Proper/In4mation+more** sz 9.5-10.5
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Re: St. Alfred x Vans Chukka

Post by Vandol »

they look great

Really slick pair
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, I like them, but man, the Chukka doesn't leave much for creativity. It always comes down to the material used with this shoe. I.E. the 3ft. High and Rising Chukka series. Waxed canvas is just "meh" to me.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I love waxed canvas(is that the same as resin-coated canvas?) and weather-proof Vans, living in Ohio and commuting to work on foot most of the time. However, I think I've collected enough Vans in that category over the last couple years that this pair isn't really standing out to me enough. At least not enough to really jump to the top of my list. Could also be that Chukka's are probably my least favorite model I guess... haha
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

It's a great release, IF you don't already have Holden Sk8-Hi's, Max Schaaf Sk8-Mids, Era Pro's, or Greg Hunt Syndicates. Too man, too close together. Why not go with a red waxed canvas? That would be dope!
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

So true! It's funny you mention those, cuz I have all those pairs. But colored, waxed canvas needs to be the next direction to take. Everybody keeps using black, which is great, but when there's been that many strong releases using it in the last year or so, it's time to step outside that box a little.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I have all as well, except for the Schaaf Era Pro.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Schaaf Era Pro with the ollie pads might be my favorite of the bunch!

I guess since there's only 200 of these, they didn't really have to factor in the other releases as much and went with what they wanted. It does have a drawerbox, though!

daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

rocketgoof wrote:I love waxed canvas(is that the same as resin-coated canvas?) and weather-proof Vans, living in Ohio and commuting to work on foot most of the time. However, I think I've collected enough Vans in that category over the last couple years that this pair isn't really standing out to me enough. At least not enough to really jump to the top of my list. Could also be that Chukka's are probably my least favorite model I guess... haha
Waxed canvas is a fave of mine as well. I've worn my waxed canvas Cons CTS Mids EVERYWHERE and they still look great. I think I need some Vans that can be beat like that too.
@bythedaesend (twitter + instagram)
Wanted:
Vans x in4mation Chukka Low size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans x Supreme Old Skool S/S '11 grey/purple size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Era 45 Fixed Gear (any color) size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Syndicate x Usugrow set 10 DS/VNDS

**Supreme/Syndicate/Proper/In4mation+more** sz 9.5-10.5