How do you keep organized?

Anything goes...put on your flame suit!
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

I've started this thread to showcase the variety of displays and storage spaces that we have as collectors. Whether it be a closet, bookcase, rack, or even just boxes stacked in the living room, we all got a place we keep our stash. Erwin has already dazzled us with his endless display of heat, but lets see how the rest of the fam keeps organized. I'll start it off with my simple industrial wire rack storage system. I like to put the pictures on the boxes for hassle free access. I use painters tape on the boxes to keep them rip free. I also like to tag the date in which I obtained them next to the picture, just for my own personal record.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: How do you keep organized?

Post by erwin »

akamedaniel wrote:. Erwin has already dazzled us with his endless display of heat
Good system aka!

Anyway for the people who hasn't see this, this is how i storage. The room is blinded to avoid fading and yellowing.

Box storage(other room)

Ladies section

And the rest some left some new ones come.

sz 11
Nexustree
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Nexustree »

Hi all my storage system is inspired by nurizat. Here it goes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cheers,
Nexustree

We all love the Vans that we can't have.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Daniel, I really like that you date the pick up.. I REALLY wish I had been doing that this past year or two.

I use sticky notes for shoes in alternative boxes, but if they're in their OG box, I leave them the way they come. I have a book case where I store my DS heat, Syndicates only. Then I have a big stack in my closet where I keep the rest of my Vans, the few SB's I own, my Gravis heat, and some olddd Lakai's. I'll post up a picture later.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Damn, Erwin's collection is even more amazing now! I use every type of storage imaginable. Gorilla Racks, door-hanger pockets, cage cubes from Target, for all my non-box stuff, storage bins for non-box stuff, Nordstrom Rack bags for all the older NR pickups, and box stacks for the more newer stuff that I have no other choice for!
dlaz
UTPL Private

Post by dlaz »

@akamedaniel: i love the fact that you tag the dates you bought them.thats nice detail!

guys,is it ok to store the shoes in the plastic container?i'm having this problem that my room is too damp making molds/fungus on my shoes eventhough they're in the box.any tips?i already have that humidifier thing.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

dlaz wrote:@akamedaniel: i love the fact that you tag the dates you bought them.thats nice detail!

guys,is it ok to store the shoes in the plastic container?i'm having this problem that my room is too damp making molds/fungus on my shoes eventhough they're in the box.any tips?i already have that humidifier thing.

Living in Oregon, I face the same dangers. Keep them away from the walls in your room (if possible) that separate you from outside. Keep them against walls that come between your room and other rooms in the house instead. They condensate a lot less and they won't get as cold in the night time. Also, always keep 1-2 fresh packets of silica gel in all your shoe boxes. Lastly, just check them often and make sure to never put them away wet (like after you've cleaned them/worn them). I store everything in it's original box, in original conditions. I've never used the plastic containers because they seem like an easy was to yellow/fade your shoes over time, imo.

Hope that helps!
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
dlaz
UTPL Private

Post by dlaz »

JesseC wrote:
dlaz wrote:@akamedaniel: i love the fact that you tag the dates you bought them.thats nice detail!

Living in Oregon, I face the same dangers. Keep them away from the walls in your room (if possible) that separate you from outside. Keep them against walls that come between your room and other rooms in the house instead. They condensate a lot less and they won't get as cold in the night time. Also, always keep 1-2 fresh packets of silica gel in all your shoe boxes. Lastly, just check them often and make sure to never put them away wet (like after you've cleaned them/worn them). I store everything in it's original box, in original conditions. I've never used the plastic containers because they seem like an easy was to yellow/fade your shoes over time, imo.

Hope that helps!
Thanks jesse.I guess silica gel is the solution for now.but its gonna be a bitch if i have to change the silica gel every month for every shoe box.lol.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

dlaz wrote:
JesseC wrote:
Thanks jesse.I guess silica gel is the solution for now.but its gonna be a bitch if i have to change the silica gel every month for every shoe box.lol.
I think it will be fine, I've never had to replace any.
Looking to buy:
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The silica gel packs seem to last forever. Down here in SoCal, I removed all of my silica gel packs from my boxes and ziplocked shoes. Perhaps that's another solution for you. Ziplock all your shoes, dry ones of course, and that should keep them nice and dry, and free of mold and mildew. Every single pair of my collector shoes are ziplocked. Here's the ones I use:

14x20 2mil zipper bags. Qty. 100 for $15 + $9 shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300327220288?ss ... 1423.l2649
dlaz
UTPL Private

Post by dlaz »

I did read once about a jordans that was wrapped in saran wrap and the sole crumbles after few years
Does the ziplock will do that too?
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

@dlaz: Saran or shrink wrap is never a good way to store shoes. It's a good way to display them temporarily, but not long term. You gotta keep them dry, and your only option is ziplocks. And crumbling won't happen with vulcanzed Vans! The only shoes that will crumble on their own, are those that use foam for the midsole, such as most earlier Nike runners, like Air Max's, Jordan 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6, and other various trainers and basketball shoes that used that same foam. Those will die an early death if stored in ziplocked+silica packed bags. In your case, use silica packs for wet or damp areas. That's what they're for. But as for our Vans, they will just dry out, and you'll get yellowed glue, and foam footbeds.