Vans Vault wtaps???

Vans' limited edition premium line.
kamikaze
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Re: Vans Vault wtaps???

Post by kamikaze »

DJGuamstyles wrote:
kamikaze wrote:since undefeated looks like they are going to screw me is there anywhere else that hasn't dropped these vans yet for retail? i know end will drop soon but for 100.
Man, I hate it when shops over-sell their inventory (assuming that's how they screwed you). You're a little late to the party now to try and find pairs, but understandably since you thought you had your pair(s) secured.
Yeah I called and asked about it. They told me my order was still processing an just to wait. I asked what are the chances my order will he canceled and they said just to wait. Sounding more like a cancelation.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Vandol wrote:
mackiv wrote:
Vandol wrote:
The linings alright. But the prices for vaults now is around $100+.

This probably has something to do with the vault "originals" series rather then just vault itself.
Not to mention upgrading the materials would probly negate the concept of that vault "original" feel and look
Yeah, but really hide the fact that its cheaper hah
These are all things I thought about and made me even more disappointed that it's the GR lining. Every Vault Originals series I've gotten has had the pigskin lining and a $5 cheaper price tag, so I don't think that's quite it. Even the Disney sk8-hi's were used with better lining and in the slightly lower price range (at least mine were), and it's not like Disney is some cheap franchise. haha

Yeah, there are more expensive Vault releases these days, but those are the ones using super premium leather and whatnot. The Originals series isn't one of the pricey endeavors, it seems. Plus, would a slightly higher price tag for these, resulting in a better made shoe, really have stopped anyone from buying?
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
tmrsn
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by tmrsn »

Vandol wrote: These are all things I thought about and made me even more disappointed that it's the GR lining. Every Vault Originals series I've gotten has had the pigskin lining and a $5 cheaper price tag, so I don't think that's quite it. Even the Disney sk8-hi's were used with better lining and in the slightly lower price range (at least mine were), and it's not like Disney is some cheap franchise. haha

Yeah, there are more expensive Vault releases these days, but those are the ones using super premium leather and whatnot. The Originals series isn't one of the pricey endeavors, it seems. Plus, would a slightly higher price tag for these, resulting in a better made shoe, really have stopped anyone from buying?
[/quote][/quote]

The Disney SK8 Hi's were nicer materials than the WTAPS SK8 Hi's,
The WTAPs slip ons are the super premium luxury quality.
mrbeetee
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by mrbeetee »

fits this vault wtaps sk8 same as Disney's sk8?
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

It probably falls down to trying to make them as "OG" as possible.
But yeah just the "WTAPS" name is a selling point for most.
tmrsn wrote:
Vandol wrote: These are all things I thought about and made me even more disappointed that it's the GR lining. Every Vault Originals series I've gotten has had the pigskin lining and a $5 cheaper price tag, so I don't think that's quite it. Even the Disney sk8-hi's were used with better lining and in the slightly lower price range (at least mine were), and it's not like Disney is some cheap franchise. haha

[/quote]

The Disney SK8 Hi's were nicer materials than the WTAPS SK8 Hi's,
The WTAPs slip ons are the super premium luxury quality.

I can see the slipons were made with best quality because they are the most un common (less popular model) to completely sell out.

So the models that usually do (ie: sk8-hi, chukka), they dont have to worry about. Instead put a little more of the budget
on the slip-on model to make even more profit and ensure sales. hah

rant rant rant.

As long as everyones happy
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The material on the Sk8-Hi is the most unique out of the set, and if you read the interview and video I posted on the blog about this release, then it explains the whole story, and why the materials chosen, and what they represent. Don't underestimate WTAPS. I believe everything they've done here was calculated. There's even mention in the interview, of the height of the sidewall foxing being exact to the vintage pairs. Maybe this level of detail is why there's this new "Originals" subdivision within Vault? Creating very good replicas of the originals, with attention to detail. Has anyone seen a pair of any of the originals with minor flaws like we see with some of the other lines? I'm talking about placement of heel tab, height of sidewall and foxing stripe, heel panels being centered, etc. If so, then my speculation is just bullshit then, and you can disregard everything I just said, haha!
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Yeah, the interview was awesome, but I think that's more of what confused me about the inner materials. I totally understand the use of the outer materials and those are where I'm super happy with how this release turned out.

The inner materials are what I want to know more background on. Perhaps they were chosen because they were what was originally used, but the outside materials are unique to the release. Perhaps an inner/original/GR and outer/unique/lux theme is what they were going for... But it hasn't been stated anywhere yet, to my knowledge. Maybe it's because a purposeful use of a GR material by a line and brand as meticulous as Vault and wtaps is what's being lost on me. I'm cool with it, it's just that I want to know why. haha

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Caliroots has a few pairs in stock. A navy sz12 too :(

Navy Sk8-Hi 110 Euro: http://caliroots.com/c-store/product.asp?id=43948
Olive Sk8-Hi 110 Euro: http://caliroots.com/c-store/product.asp?id=43951

The rest will show up in icons below those pages.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

I'm curious to see how the value will increase with these being that they made so many. All the bones releases were made in large numbers. But I'm not noticing a lot of sales through ebay for this release. Maybe because everyone is holding off on it until they know they won't find them for retail? Or maybe we'll see a repeat of the golf wang resell game, even though I doubt that with any wtaps release. Thoughts?
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

^^^ all syndicate versions were allocated. So though we may never know what the total qty produced, each shop was only allowed a certain amount. This is the first time (though most likely through a smaller # of doors due to the size of vault) that accounts could pick and choose how many and what size. In that way, I would have to estimate that most shops went pretty deep in these... Especially so with the low retail price... pretty easy to stack an extra dozen of each colorway without breaking the bank.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

Honestly think they tried to replicate the original versions even down to the materials hah.
JesseC wrote:I'm curious to see how the value will increase with these being that they made so many. All the bones releases were made in large numbers. But I'm not noticing a lot of sales through ebay for this release. Maybe because everyone is holding off on it until they know they won't find them for retail? Or maybe we'll see a repeat of the golf wang resell game, even though I doubt that with any wtaps release. Thoughts?
I think these wont be as hyped. Later on since there so plain only the true vans heads will know whats up.
That means we can beat and repeat with multiple pairs. I'm glad these were easy to get for everyone on here :D
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
LV_1790
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by LV_1790 »

Hey guys I am a true size 9. Should I order a size 9 in the slip ons on 8.5 please help.
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

rocketgoof and tmrsn should chime in soon.

I would guess TTS though. cant go wrong

although MFhector said he he sized down .5
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
tmrsn
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by tmrsn »

I wear a 9.5, I got 9.5 slip ons and they fit nice - comfy - not tight - not loose, if you want to go sockless - or have a tighter fit go down half a size.
I am sure I could fit into a 9 and it would be okay.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I didn't get the slip-on's, so I can't say. I do know the sk8-hi's fit great for me in a 9.5. I used to always be a 10 in everything but Syndicate, but the last year or so, 9.5's seem to be infiltrating my collection in the other lines, too. I must really be a 9.75 and Vans has slightly increased their sizing or something. haha

I agree that these won't be as hyped down the road outside of Vans/Wtaps collectors. Which is great because such a simple, subtle colorway really offers itself easily for daily wear! I know my navy sk8-hi's will probably start picking up the slack of my jazz stripe syndicates as they wear out, haha.