band collabs

Vans' collaborations with other brands.
Chuck_Vans
UTPL Private

band collabs

Post by Chuck_Vans »

seems vans has had some good band collabs. what would be some band collaborations youd like to see?

my choice would be faith no more's "king for a day, fool for a lifetime" album cover
from the 210......sz. 12

follow me on twitter: @Chuck_Vans
like me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ChuckVans995
my radio station profile: http://www.kissrocks.com/news/entertain ... les/nLZyw/
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: band collabs

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The first band that came to mind was Sublime!

Here's a few others that might be kinda cool:
Parliament/Funkadelic
Green Day

Umm...any band with significant album art or logos, I guess.
Chuck_Vans
UTPL Private

Post by Chuck_Vans »

I'd love another social distortion (1st ones are my ultimate grails). Maybe black flag, or go hip hop with de la soul or tribe called quest
from the 210......sz. 12

follow me on twitter: @Chuck_Vans
like me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ChuckVans995
my radio station profile: http://www.kissrocks.com/news/entertain ... les/nLZyw/
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

I'm a huge fan of The Misfits, but I don't really see how they could pull that off.
Suicidal Tendencies and Social Distortion definitely, another H2O collab (japan only, wtf?), maybe Dropkick Murphys, Madball, SOIA, Terror.
Van Halen? :lol:
Terrorismo
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Terrorismo »

Crimson, Dropkick Murphys had a Slip On back in the day..

I would love to see a Suicide Machines since they did the 'Vans' Song and release The Pack collab to the public.
I always TELL the TRUTH..even when I LIE..
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Suicide Machines were exactly what I was gonna say! Apparently they were in talks with Vans about a pair right about the time they broke up in 2005, so I guess it never ended up working out. Major bummer!

The Aquabats would be a super fun collab! Especially now that they've got their tv show coming out in March.

I'd love for an H2O collab that would be easier to obtain. Same with the Bouncing Souls one. And I've always regretted not picking up any of the No Doubt Vans from back in the day.

Rancid, Tiger Army, MIghty Mighty Bosstones, The Phenomenauts, Reel Big Fish, Cobra Skulls... I could go on and on, but I guess I'd just be naming all of my favorite bands with awesome cover art or logos. haha
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

I see we got a ska fan up here ^ this guy's alright in my book :D
Anyways, Id like to see an U.N.K.L.E. collab with the iconic Futura alien design.. some spacey atom shit!
I could also see a collab with Animal Collective like Keep did, you know they would have some trippy acid art for their desgin.
Even though the White Stripes have split, I could still see a basic white & red collab there.
For the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, you know they'd use all kinds of plaids, maybe some leathers..
Id like to see a collab with some/any 80's band just so we could see some bleached denim again! maybe acid wash this time around.
Last edited by akamedaniel on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

Cobra Skulls! I doubt that'll ever happen, but as long as somebody's mentioning them, I'm happy. They came through here last.... October? Really, really great.

Suicide Machines are still touring, so who knows, right?

As for the Phenomenauts, their shoe was pretty much already done. After all, they're robots... right?
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

A Cobra Skulls sk8-hi would be amazing! I might just have to make my own... haha

I actually got those silver chukka lows for pretty much that exact reason! haha

Bosstones collab would definitely be very plaid, haha. (my ska fandom is what got me into vans in the first place. Checkered Vans ftw! haha)

Sadly, I feel like a lot of the bands I posted probably aren't in the running for a collab these days, but then again, I wasn't expecting H2O or Bouncing Souls either! Heck, even Bad Brains was kind of a surprise at the time.

Yeah, Suicide Machines are back together and playing shows, so that'd be awesome if it could happen. It'd be a nice, well deserved paycheck if they could work that out. Apparently Jay, their lead singer, is working 60 hour weeks in a factory or something, so it's sad to see someone in that influential of a band having to do that to support their family.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

If you're going to do a cobra skulls run, put me down for a 13! I'd make an attempt at a stencil, but I can't even cut a straight line with scissors, let alone wield an xacto.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I'll let you know! If I make a stencil, it'd be easy to make multiple pairs. haha

Music City
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Music City »

rocketgoof wrote:Suicide Machines were exactly what I was gonna say! Apparently they were in talks with Vans about a pair right about the time they broke up in 2005, so I guess it never ended up working out. Major bummer!

The Aquabats would be a super fun collab! Especially now that they've got their tv show coming out in March.

I'd love for an H2O collab that would be easier to obtain. Same with the Bouncing Souls one. And I've always regretted not picking up any of the No Doubt Vans from back in the day.

Rancid, Tiger Army, MIghty Mighty Bosstones, The Phenomenauts, Reel Big Fish, Cobra Skulls... I could go on and on, but I guess I'd just be naming all of my favorite bands with awesome cover art or logos. haha
Please elaborate on the Aquabats TV show, they along with the Suicide Machines were my first concert.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Wait, you saw The Aquabats play with the Suicide Machines?! That would've been amazing!

They got a tv show picked up by a network called The Hub. The show starts on March 3! Should be awesome! It's a combination of live action and animated sequences. All the teasers I've seen look awesome. I just hope that I'll be able to find it online easily, since I don't have The Hub.
http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1216356p1.html
http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/8/5/the ... ailer.html

JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Have they done Pink Floyd? That'd be so cool, bricks on the sole, the out stretched face, warped and screaming. I can really see it on a Sk8 Hi.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

rocketgoof wrote:I'll let you know! If I make a stencil, it'd be easy to make multiple pairs. haha
DI-Why not?