Bicycle!

Anything goes...put on your flame suit!
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Bicycle!

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The hype around fixed gear is probably a combination of the speed, and the technical ability needed, to ride them...but not sure. All I know, is my homie had a really bad accident 4 weeks ago, who lives with me, and he was in ICU for 3 damn days! Rode over some water from a flooding sprinkler at night, and his front tire is slick, and it hydroplaned, and he hit face first, into the street. Happened so fast, he couldn't even put his hands down to break his fall. He was knocked out for 5 minutes, and came to, swinging at everyone around him, because he didn't know where he was. Had blood coming out his ear, and his nose, and there was a golf ball sized welt above his Left eye. It's still half blind, from the center, down. He has to use his peripheral vision to see most things out of his left eye. Also fractured his skull, above his upper lip, and throughout his sinus cavity. AND...no insurance. Goes to Jr. College, is 26, and works under the table for a car shop. Fail big time. All because he didn't wear a helmet. If he had a helmet, he would just have the cuts on his knuckles, and leg. You guys wanna see his pics from a day after the accident? His face looks JACKED UP. Hehe.
ClutchStar
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by ClutchStar »

B, that's crazy. That's the first I've ever heard of someone have a bad accident riding like that.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

if you put them up put em in NSFW thread lol
sz12
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

For real, it belongs in the NSFW thread!

and yeah Chris, we were shocked, too. He has chopped handlebars too, so the center of gravity of the bike is very narrow, and I think that also added to why the bike just tipped over so fast. He was also strapped into the pedals. A lot of local bike shops say that fixed gear bikes being used as street bikes are dangerous, and maybe there's good reason. Most of these bike shops have been around for years, so they know a lot about bikes.
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Yeah, what's the deal with using fixed gear bikes for skate park riding? Coasting there is soo convenient. I understand turning road/track bikes into fixies, but turning them into bigger bmx'es?
ClutchStar wrote:Can you or someone 'splain it to me?
ClutchStar
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by ClutchStar »

Crimson Ghost wrote:Yeah, what's the deal with using fixed gear bikes for skate park riding? Coasting there is soo convenient. I understand turning road/track bikes into fixies, but turning them into bigger bmx'es?
I dunno about the fixed gear bikes at the skatepark, I haven't seen 'em here. I've never heard about 'em turning them into bigger BMX's either. It's like bigfoot to me, I gotta see pics...lolz.
5150marley
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by 5150marley »

ClutchStar wrote:
Crimson Ghost wrote:Yeah, what's the deal with using fixed gear bikes for skate park riding? Coasting there is soo convenient. I understand turning road/track bikes into fixies, but turning them into bigger bmx'es?
I dunno about the fixed gear bikes at the skatepark, I haven't seen 'em here. I've never heard about 'em turning them into bigger BMX's either. It's like bigfoot to me, I gotta see pics...lolz.
SE RACING has a fixed gear bicycle with a Flip-flop hub (threaded to accept fixed cogs and/or freewheels on both sides).

http://www.sebikes.com/singlespeed.php
"The past is frozen ,the future is vapor. The moment is liquid" -unknown

-Size 8.5 (old skools) or 9 (for anything mid or Half Cab styles)... 8 (for slip-ons)
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

ClutchStar wrote:I dunno about the fixed gear bikes at the skatepark, I haven't seen 'em here. I've never heard about 'em turning them into bigger BMX's either. It's like bigfoot to me, I gotta see pics...lolz.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb-4hhBqvxs
There you go ;)
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

^ Trickster bikes.
Fixed Gear Trickster bike.

I am thinking of down grading into BMX/Bikes for cruising (not a cruiser bike though).

The whole scene in my area is just a bunch trend followers where they asked their parents to buy their fixed gear bikes... :idea:
5150marley
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by 5150marley »

I saw one of the SE Quadangle looptail's from last season today... except the one I saw had matching blue tires.

Might pick one up...
Attachments
se_24_quad_lptl_1_10_m.jpg
se_24_quad_lptl_1_10_m.jpg (21.6 KiB) Viewed 889 times
"The past is frozen ,the future is vapor. The moment is liquid" -unknown

-Size 8.5 (old skools) or 9 (for anything mid or Half Cab styles)... 8 (for slip-ons)
ClutchStar
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by ClutchStar »

Got it yesterday. Still needs work, but looking forward to it.

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Love those Interceptors.
kicked
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by kicked »

yes ive fixed my chain. old picture.
type[s5]
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by type[s5] »

lookdown wrote:^ Trickster bikes.
Fixed Gear Trickster bike.

I am thinking of down grading into BMX/Bikes for cruising (not a cruiser bike though).

The whole scene in my area is just a bunch trend followers where they asked their parents to buy their fixed gear bikes... :idea:

hahaha...
BLOG
FLICKR
SNEAKER PLAY

PROXY SERVICE - General Release ONLY
(Supreme LA, Diamond, Hall Of Fame, HUF LA, The Hundreds, and etc.)
retail + $10 pick up fee (each item) + shipping.
ClutchStar
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by ClutchStar »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Love those Interceptors.
Seriously, that and Mach One's are my fav. GT's.