Vans Syndicate Derby (Samples)

Vans' Core-Skater line.
herrasmoovy
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Re: Vans Syndicate Derby (Samples)

Post by herrasmoovy »

hey, i just saw the derby shoe on the silo website...

http://www.silostore.com/blog/2012/06/0 ... 5-derby-s/

is the syndicate line going back to the old boxes??? :o silo,can you confirm this?
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
id10tech
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by id10tech »

THANKS FOR HE PICS!!

When will it be cool again to use quality leathers on footwear? Sick of the Canvas/suede combo-comeback. DAMN ECONOMY!
FUCK a RE-Seller
mackiv
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by mackiv »

These do not excite me at all
MacKIV on instagram
Sz 12-13

wut'chu got fo sale in my size?
ALSO LOOKIN FOR HOSOI RISING SUN SLIP-ON SZ 12-13
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

mackiv wrote:These do not excite me at all
x 2.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Way to start off the new 'S' strong.... :lol:
Still feel like this is a shittier version of the Zero Lo. Only now they're less unique and more bland looking. Every brand has this exact same model.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
mackiv
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by mackiv »

It does look too similar to the zero low
MacKIV on instagram
Sz 12-13

wut'chu got fo sale in my size?
ALSO LOOKIN FOR HOSOI RISING SUN SLIP-ON SZ 12-13
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

That's not exactly a bad thing....

Navy/gum is my favourite!
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I like the black pair. I didn't reserve it, but after seeing it in these pics, I just said fuck it, and asked Brant to sell me one. Yes, they're the similar oxford shoe that every brand has, but that's the style they're going for. These could totally be worn to a nice dinner or some shit. It's that Vans OTW grown-boy look, with a head-nod from the Syndicate peeps. Random people wear OTW, because it's a clean look, and is accessible to them, i.e. local malls, some Vans stores, and so on, but the "S" stuff isn't. Guys like Brad Pitt wear OTW, not "S", because they aren't in the know. We're in the know, lol!
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

I'm impressed with the features in person (and the little "S" embroidery...I'm a sucker for those little details).... so don't let my photo skills (or lack thereof) influence your decision too much, I would definitely encourage you to try them on / check them out in detail. It really is just a simplified core zero lo at heart....but that shoe has been a favorite for a lot of people. the dri lex and larger duracap are great ways to get a little more function out of the shoe. I agree with id10tech about the canvas / suede combo, and wish they were all suede, but $65.00 doesn't stretch very far these days, so I understand the adjustments to keep the price low. I was a little bummed to see the box change, and don't know a single customer that wouldn't pay an extra $2-3.00 to keep that that consistent. As discussed ad naseum in the other posts, it will be interesting to see the sell through, and see how these are received outside of our bubble. I have a lot of core skate kids that bounce from brand to brand that are excited about these....so am looking forward to the feedback.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
herrasmoovy
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by herrasmoovy »

man, i'm really bummed about the shoe box change... i think that kind of gave the syndicate line a nice touch because it was a unique presentation for their shoes. are the boxes going to be like this from now on, silo? will the dust bags still be utilized for every shoe release?
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

thats a great question sir - all i can say is this is (pictured in post above) the box that the derby came in, and they were wrapped in butcher style brown paper. I cant comment on any upcoming drops...we'll just have to wait and see. Perhaps the more core skate models will come in this, and the more artist / legend editions will be in a standard box / bag?
herrasmoovy
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by herrasmoovy »

butcher paper?! whatthefuuuu... :shock: thanks for the info though, silo!
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

nope...
sz12
id10tech
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by id10tech »

I would love to buy (on the regular) from your store, SILO. ALready asked, but looking for 8 (in the "good" stuff)

About the boxes...I was so surprised (as a newer aficionado - don't hate) of the Syndicate line having boxes/accessories of that caliber. A lot of brands threw that out the window early on.

EDIT: NOT acceptable BTW. I'm with Silo...an extra $2-3 a shoe would be nothing to sustain experiment with quality construction/materials.
FUCK a RE-Seller