Vans Syndicate Derby (Samples)

Vans' Core-Skater line.
samcolt12
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: Vans Syndicate Derby (Samples)

Post by samcolt12 »

Vans Syndicate Derby "S" - Navy / Warm Grey colorway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McoHOdG0Ylo
http://www.samcolt12.com

Sales at - http://www.Goodshoez.com - ( http://www.samcolt12.bigcartel.com )

twitter - @samcolt12
videos - http://www.youtube.com/3TVID
and at - http://www.sneakertube.tv/users/samcolt12
Instagram - samcolt12
Google+ - samcolt12
HeatSeekersKrew
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Got the black/lake blue colorway in the mail today. Kinda disappointed in the overall level of quality. The blue heel tab is a slightly different shade of blue from the blue heel detail and that irks me. I went back and looked at the promo shots and noticed it in there, too, so I guess it was just subtle enough that I didn't notice it til I had them in my hands. The blue part of the insole just seems kind of slapped in there and is already peeling up in a few spots, so we'll see how that holds up. The materials are ok, but nowhere near what I've come to be used to from the syndicate line. Pretty much on par with my GR zero lo's as far as the suede and canvas.

The one nice surprise was that I do like the sleek little envelope that the laces come in and there was also a little metal clip that is advertising the dri-lex. Not sure what the clip's purpose was, as it was just floating in the box, but it's kinda neat. I am interested to see if I notice anything different with the dri-lex, too, since I don't think I have any Vans with that feature yet.

Overall, the price is nice (especially since I got mine for $40 shipped), but I feel like these really aren't anything special. If they were any more than what I paid, I don't think I would've gotten them anyway. I kind of wish they were zero lo's with the color highlights at the heel, since I just like that model so much more. Might as well have just called them part of the Pro series, although lots of recent Pro's seem to have even better materials lately, too (albeit pricier than these were I guess). Still a nice, simple shoe that will be nice to wear to work or whatever I guess.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

But Kyle, you failed to mention anything about the comfort or feel. That's what I feel that this shoe has going for it, regardless of the level of quality of the materials and colormatching!
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Well, I think that's what I was getting at comparing it to the Pro line. To me, it feels just like a Pro. Of course, most syndicates as of late have had the same insole, so the comfort value between recent syndicates and pro's has been similar. But it's been the materials that have really set them apart.

I haven't given it an extended wear yet, of course, but the insole is the same and it feels the same on foot so far. The dri-fit might add a level of comfort I guess, but since I haven't given it a full wear yet, I can't comment on that. I know it's silly to totally post a review like that without a full wear, but honestly, the color matching and materials are pretty important to me when it comes to a line that has the reputation of going above and beyond for each release.

That said, I'm totally stoked for the authentic 69 release... Those look on par with with what I'd expect from syndicates! Buttery looking suede, great detailing, and I'm sure just as comfortable.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

great feedback rocketgoof! and there are some more tonal / mellow versions coming later on, so the colors won't be as much of a contrast issue in the future.

Iv'e got a couple kids here who have really put the shoe through the ringer, ill try to snap a photo next time they are in the shop....a good kickflip cross section so you can almost see the shoe layer by layer, as if it was cut in half.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Sounds awesome! I'll definitely look forward to those pics.

And I really don't want more tonal/mellow versions... There's plenty of that out there. My main draw to the black/lake blue colorway was that extra hit of color on the heel. Put out some neon stuff and my interest would actually go up. haha I just want them to be able to match the colors! You'd think that they'd be able to match the rubber that's going to be practically side by side on the same part of the shoe.

silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

sure enough! the sleeve tags on our silo tees are cyan blue, so I can empathize with the little color pop.

it irks me too when production doesnt match up perfectly. just had that discussion in the shop the other day about something recent, cant recall off hand, but my reference was back to a DC (i know, i know) collection and there was a shoe, a new era cap, a hoodie/tee, and a backpack that all featured a black/gray camo pattern with red logoing. All made at different manu and ALL had a different take on the tones/pattern. QC disaster. if you put it all side by side it was just downright embarrassing.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

LoL, imagine having different patterned camos for each piece of apparel. People will be like "yours is fake, son!"
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

So I've worn mine the past couple days to work. Definitely love 'em as a work shoe! I commute a little over a mile to and from work on foot, one way or another, so I like a shoe that looks nice and is comfortable but holds up to wear and tear, so these fit that bill. The issues that bothered me initially aren't as noticeable on foot, although I still think they should've been resolved for the actual release in the Syndicate line, but whatever. It's definitely a pair that I'd still recommend getting if it suits you!

akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
rockinobey
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by rockinobey »

Yeah I saw these earlier, thought of the same thing
sz.8 please!
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

10/1 release colorways for holiday....stay tuned!
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Black and burgundy is looking good.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

that blue suede is so buttery, it was hard to photograph it and get the right color...the texture is definitely there....they are almost a bit more nightshade, like the futura dunk low...
tinsleyhesh
UTPL Private

Post by tinsleyhesh »

A little late here, but I have the grey ones from when they first came out, and there really comfy. Im not quite sure how they skate, have any of you guys skated in yours yet?