Vans Syndicate half cab lite !?

Vans' Core-Skater line.
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Re: Vans Syndicate half cab lite !?

Post by Stoopz »

JesseC wrote:
Stoopz wrote:Opps....they could use any materials they want and these would still suck. They only removed a couple of panels on these things, but they just look silly to me.
Sometimes Vans can only be appreciated by people who know how they work with a skatebaord.
These are a SKATE shoe like most other Vans, and as far as shape and build, these are great.
Vans shouldn't EVER be judged in a fashion sense when it's a shoe with a pro's name on it.

Just my two cents.
Listen kid, I don't know if you really meant to insult me like that, but you might as well have come up and kicked me directly in the balls.

I don't know you and you don't know me, but I'd be willing to guess that since I've been skating since 89' that I've got a few years on your opinion.

All fucking shoes are skate shoes and it doesn't mean a god damn thing how they are engineered or what they say they are made for. If Vans only made shoes that were for just for skateboarding they'd be broke by now. My personal preference for skate shoes has gone from slip ons with no soles, to DC's that were the size of workboots, and back 360 again.

My intension was not to offend when I shared my opinion, it was mearly to express that I think these look like shit...which would result in me not buying them. The could be the end all of skateboarding or fashion shoes and it wouldn't change my mind on that.
size11.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Well, at least we know there's people at opposite ends of the spectrum on these, who both come from a skateboarding background. I'm not a skater, so I have different reasons for liking this shoe. I also can see the negatives that some of you point out. The colors are cool to me, because I love Air Max 95s, and just anything closely resembling them. The materials are never in question on Syndicates. The shape is new, so therefor it's controversial. I mean, it's still got the overall Half Cab shape, but now you all can see what a difference, one more or one less panel of actual material can have on a shoe. One less stitch line. Deciding to stitch a logo, instead of sewing on a piece of material, like a jazz stripe or swoosh. Imagine what a shoe designer has to deal with all damn day! I like the forward thinking of this shoe, and I'm excited for it, regardless if it goes straight to the sales rack like the Versa Mids did. I bought those for full retail. Ask Brant! And I still see them on UBS and a few other sites, for freakin' $30...just laughing at me!!! It's all how you personally feel, and I'm glad we all got different opinions! ...and ways of saying them :evil:
chukkaboot
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by chukkaboot »

easy pass for me...
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Stoopz wrote:
JesseC wrote:
Stoopz wrote:Opps....they could use any materials they want and these would still suck. They only removed a couple of panels on these things, but they just look silly to me.
Sometimes Vans can only be appreciated by people who know how they work with a skatebaord.
These are a SKATE shoe like most other Vans, and as far as shape and build, these are great.
Vans shouldn't EVER be judged in a fashion sense when it's a shoe with a pro's name on it.

Just my two cents.
Listen kid, I don't know if you really meant to insult me like that, but you might as well have come up and kicked me directly in the balls.

I don't know you and you don't know me, but I'd be willing to guess that since I've been skating since 89' that I've got a few years on your opinion.

All fucking shoes are skate shoes and it doesn't mean a god damn thing how they are engineered or what they say they are made for. If Vans only made shoes that were for just for skateboarding they'd be broke by now. My personal preference for skate shoes has gone from slip ons with no soles, to DC's that were the size of workboots, and back 360 again.

My intension was not to offend when I shared my opinion, it was mearly to express that I think these look like shit...which would result in me not buying them. The could be the end all of skateboarding or fashion shoes and it wouldn't change my mind on that.
Hahaha Stoopz, I don't mean any disrespect to you, skating since '89 is respectable, I wish I had the chance to have started then and to have been in it for so long. I didn't really think you skated though, and your comment just seemed to me like the typical swag-fool judgement of a Vans shoe, ya know, how they go into talking about how gay a shoe is for their swag when it was meant to be shredded. I know it's wrong of me to assume, but on the forums about shoes, I tend to assume. I understand that skate shoes still get judged, even by skaters, for their looks, and I do it too.

I definitely disagree with you about the engineering though. You don't understand how thoroughly I study the wear of skate shoes, and the things that affect them most. All shoes become the same eventually, or rip in similar ways, but the progression of the damage is different for them all. With Gravis Dylan's, Vans, Fallen's, Lakai cupsoles, ridiculous DC's, I have done single tricks, then removed the shoe to see what happened. I mean, I am just shy of an expert when it comes to this, and I believe that a skate shoe's engineering means a lot. So when people seem to disregard that, I just facepalm so hard. I'm sure you, as a skateboarder, understand where I'm coming from.

I don't have any problem with non skaters rocking Vans because like you said, there's tons out there from them that were made more for casual wear, so I hope I'm not sending that message. I just hate that are kids obsessed with swag, because they give stupid people the idea that that's all Vans are for (at least on internet forums).
Stoopz, your comment just seemed to encompas the shallow opinions of a typical hypebeast. I stand by my statement, but even when I first posted it, it was more of a general address to pure hypebeasts, not specifically to you.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

[quote="Stoopz"]All fucking shoes are skate shoes and it doesn't mean a god damn thing how they are engineered or what they say they are made for. If Vans only made shoes that were for just for skateboarding they'd be broke by now. My personal preference for skate shoes has gone from slip ons with no soles, to DC's that were the size of workboots, and back 360 again.[quote]

I think its cause I'm drunk but this made me laugh a lot...

Still waiting on official word for a lot of these shoes that we've "previewed"
Last edited by wolfstrice09 on Fri May 25, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sz12
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

Talk about divisive.
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

JesseC wrote: Hahaha Stoopz, I don't mean any disrespect to you, skating since '89 is respectable, I wish I had the chance to have started then and to have been in it for so long. I didn't really think you skated though, and your comment just seemed to me like the typical swag-fool judgement of a Vans shoe, ya know, how they go into talking about how gay a shoe is for their swag when it was meant to be shredded. I know it's wrong of me to assume, but on the forums about shoes, I tend to assume. I understand that skate shoes still get judged, even by skaters, for their looks, and I do it too.

I definitely disagree with you about the engineering though. You don't understand how thoroughly I study the wear of skate shoes, and the things that affect them most. All shoes become the same eventually, or rip in similar ways, but the progression of the damage is different for them all. With Gravis Dylan's, Vans, Fallen's, Lakai cupsoles, ridiculous DC's, I have done single tricks, then removed the shoe to see what happened. I mean, I am just shy of an expert when it comes to this, and I believe that a skate shoe's engineering means a lot. So when people seem to disregard that, I just facepalm so hard. I'm sure you, as a skateboarder, understand where I'm coming from.

I don't have any problem with non skaters rocking Vans because like you said, there's tons out there from them that were made more for casual wear, so I hope I'm not sending that message. I just hate that are kids obsessed with swag, because they give stupid people the idea that that's all Vans are for (at least on internet forums).
Stoopz, your comment just seemed to encompas the shallow opinions of a typical hypebeast. I stand by my statement, but even when I first posted it, it was more of a general address to pure hypebeasts, not specifically to you.
Talk about flipping out - this is why I should stay away from the forums in the middle of the work day, because my response was mostly a reflection of how things where going at that point of the day.

I can see how my response was a little shallow - and apparently I'm a little sensative. No worries though.

I totally understand certian kicks are engineered for skating and not all are created equally - see the orginal SAL23...loved the way they looked, but I was blowing the sides out of those things like no bodies business - still kept buying them though, because they looked cool.

The Half Cab is definitely my preferred skate shoe right now. I was really enjoying the Blazer a couple years ago, but they started to just feel a little too much of a hightop, so the Half Cab just feels right.
size11.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I do that shit all the time. Ever notice how some of my blog posts are sort of written in a "shit talking" or "poking fun" sort of way? Ehh, I guess it adds character, and people are attracted to it. If I had that lil' smiley icon where it shows the guy eating popcorn, I would've totally posted that up above, after the rant(s) started! Haha!
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

021.132 CAB LITE S

Post by silokinesis »

11.1 RELEASE COLORWAYS

a few more images and details on the blog, I even weighed them for those that are interested. http://www.silostore.com/blog/

then there's a few more detail shots on the webstore as well....

cheers
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Id be down for the black ones, got to see them in person.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
chrisVH
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by chrisVH »

Gonna have to pass on these and maybe the next few releases sadly until money and work start again.
Chris
Looking to buy vans size 9.5-10.5
Instagram: puzzlechris
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

^^^ Sandy related, chrisVH? (Apologies if you mentioned something somewhere else on the board and I missed it.)
I have a brother in law working in NJ right now to restore power lines....heard some pretty gnarly stories. Hope you are safe.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
chrisVH
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by chrisVH »

silokinesis wrote:^^^ Sandy related, chrisVH? (Apologies if you mentioned something somewhere else on the board and I missed it.)
I have a brother in law working in NJ right now to restore power lines....heard some pretty gnarly stories. Hope you are safe.
Yea....actually just got evacuated again tonight for this noreaster coming. Haven't had power at my house since last Monday the whole area is destroyed basically friends lost their homes jobs you name it the news isnt even showing half of it...no words to describe it. Reality still hasn't sunk in yet for most of us.
Chris
Looking to buy vans size 9.5-10.5
Instagram: puzzlechris
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

My heart goes out to you guys on the east coast.
I am sorry to hear about your loses. I can't even being to imagine how that must feel to lose your home and to just be in a situation like this. I hope you guys stay safe and get back to a stabilized life soon.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

akamedaniel wrote:My heart goes out to you guys on the east coast.
I am sorry to hear about your loses. I can't even being to imagine how that must feel to lose your home and to just be in a situation like this. I hope you guys stay safe and get back to a stabilized life soon.
+1
sz 11