2012 Vans Syndicate Spy Shots

Vans' Core-Skater line.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: 2012 Vans Syndicate Spy Shots

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Hehe, ruining that Syndicate image man. It's like the time and detail that goes into each release (at least in the past), all gets flushed down the drain. Not one store out here in SoCal presents their Syndicates in a special way. Some even push that Syndicate plexiglass display box to the corner of the store, or it's empty, with the top off of it. I want that shit for myself! Let me take it!!! True, most stores don't want to play favoritism to one brand over another, and who's ass are they gonna kiss more? Vans, or Nike? That's an obvious one...the one who gives them product that causes overnight queues for a shoe. I really hope Syndicate doesn't over-expose themselves with this new expansion, because I don't want it to fade into obscurity in a year. I need them to be collectable, for collector's sake! I firmly stand behind that they were designed to be a collectable item, over a skated item! Repeat old ideas if you must. Nike's doing it, and it's working like you wouldn't believe. But mainly, Syndicate has to do what they do best, and that's tell a story. That's "Vans life" all summed up. A story is always there, waiting to be told.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

DJGuamstyles wrote:I firmly stand behind that they were designed to be a collectable item, over a skated item!
True that. Just look at the very first Syndicates, Mister Cartoon's for example: No addition features that would compliment the needs of a skateboarder, aside from maybe a thick removable insole. Along w/ the obvious random collaboration w/ a tattoo artist, one who isn't inspired by skating in the slightest way (judging by his work). This release just screams collectable.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

^THRUE THAT! Bill/aka
sz 11
daewond3r
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by daewond3r »

DJGuamstyles wrote:But mainly, Syndicate has to do what they do best, and that's tell a story.
Well said B, I like that.
@bythedaesend (twitter + instagram)
Wanted:
Vans x in4mation Chukka Low size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans x Supreme Old Skool S/S '11 grey/purple size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Era 45 Fixed Gear (any color) size 10 DS/VNDS
Vans Syndicate x Usugrow set 10 DS/VNDS

**Supreme/Syndicate/Proper/In4mation+more** sz 9.5-10.5
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

even little things like these chukka low S being late, and then the alva/rowley pack being early (scheduled) 8.1 release...no one can help it, things just happen, but the spacing is very crucial...especially for fans/collectors, that puts some pain on the budget. We may run into some issues with that this fall as well, but that's another story for another time.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

I just hope that the OG shoes stay appreciated in the event that the whole line goes south as Bill has suggested. I see a rough beginning ahead but eventually (I hope) it rebuilds. Look at the first two series' of Vans Syndicate, and you'll see that it didn't get saucy and different until the third series. Syndicate is rebuilding itself and hopefully it comes into its own.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
Music City
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Music City »

I think the Fall releases are pretty decent with more emphasis on them being skated in, and then Holiday gets a little better with the Julian Stranger pack, and then Spring 13 is looking really good.
LV_1790
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by LV_1790 »

brant said the price is 70 and in the image in the post is 64 so what is the real price for these because CNCPTS has them for $65. :? :? :?
Last edited by LV_1790 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

msrp from vans as per our confirmation form is $70.00. we always set them at what vans tells us to. (^^to reference your post, CNCPTS has them on their site, but not available to purchase online, so maybe they have a way around selling them under msrp in store. According to their syndicate page listed, a lot of those are over OR under msrp by 5-10 dollars, with seemingly not much rhyme or reason.)

as per online sales agreement, which they are very strict about:
"Authorized sites should have primary messages that communicate Brands, Selection, Service and Convenience versus a primary message of Sale Pricing."
So the goal is focusing on quality product and service, not causing a price war. Not sure how heavily its policed, but i think its a benefit for every account to be honest and set them at retail. but that's me coming from the perspective of a retailer. I know my customers like family and treat them as such, and vans getting their price, and me making the set margin is all what keeps us in business.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
LV_1790
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by LV_1790 »

thanks for the aclaration sir.
Sjohnnnn
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Sjohnnnn »

any word on the mid skools?
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

STYLE: MID SKOOL “S”
COLOR: NAVY / YELLOW
8.1.12 release.

Ours will be here monday, some shops on west coast may have received already. East coast will be closer to next wednesday. The BLACK alva mid schools that were posted up are not a released product. call them fakes, manufacturer having fun, what have you.
Sjohnnnn
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Sjohnnnn »

Damn thats my birthday! shiit its a must! you guys think blends would have em or proper? any shops in the oc would help new with Syndicate my abd
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Neither of those shops carry the "S" brand, but in the O.C. Liberty Boardshop in Brea carries SOME. SOME meaning that they've skipped a few Syndicate releases in the past. Very picky. Next closest might be Active in Brea. Then I think Garage Skateshop in Huntington Beach is the next closest, which isn't close at all!
Sjohnnnn
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Sjohnnnn »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Neither of those shops carry the "S" brand, but in the O.C. Liberty Boardshop in Brea carries SOME. SOME meaning that they've skipped a few Syndicate releases in the past. Very picky. Next closest might be Active in Brea. Then I think Garage Skateshop in Huntington Beach is the next closest, which isn't close at all!
Good looks to me I think hb is the closest but do they usually sell out? Aha I know they ain't Kay's but just want to know not sure when I'd get around to grab em and what's the usually price for mid skools? o