Vans x W)taps love!

Vans' Core-Skater line.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Vans x W)taps love!

Post by rocketgoof »

Oh man, I didn't notice that detail! haha I'm cool with the canvas, actually, but the suede looks super nice, too.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Sounds like Vans makes the samples all high quality and super detailed so the shops will order big, and then they bait and switch that mofo in the end! Still hatin' that the W)Taps Authentics didn't come with the heel hang tag.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

dude same here I loved that heel on the Samples... I have only seen one sample in our size Billy and it was the Quilted Chukka Syndicate.
sz12
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Yes, the heel tab on the authentics would've made both colorways a must-have for me... After some thought, I think I like the canvas on the sk8-mid's better than suede would've been. I like the contrast of materials, plus, I think I tend to lean towards canvas more than suede a lot of times anyway. Or at least a blend of suede and canvas. The canvas will help these to be more breathable for summer, too. But I'm still bummed at the lack of the heel embroidery.

Droppin' the ball on the heels! Lame. haha
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
MF HectoOR
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by MF HectoOR »

didn't even realize the suede to canvas switch lol. Also wish the heel hit should of stayed. Also +14326432 here for the heel tab on the authentics
MF HectoOR
sz 9.5-10.5

Shoes For Sale [Updated 04.23.12]
Filson Slip On sz.9
Looking to Buy/Trade [Updated 04.23.12] - Looking for NECKFACE & Taka Hayashi's
OTWS Feedback
NSB Feedback
ISS/SC Feedback
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

now that these have released--- shoes are a little beat and dirty...but really in good shape considering the weather we've had and how much ive worn em...
Attachments
buffalo_insole.jpg
buffalo_insole.jpg (211.42 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
buffaloboot.jpg
buffaloboot.jpg (230.65 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Sooo dope!
KURUPT
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by KURUPT »

those are growing on me.
5150marley
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by 5150marley »

silokinesis wrote:now that these have released--- shoes are a little beat and dirty...but really in good shape considering the weather we've had and how much ive worn em...
Can you get these Silo??
"The past is frozen ,the future is vapor. The moment is liquid" -unknown

-Size 8.5 (old skools) or 9 (for anything mid or Half Cab styles)... 8 (for slip-ons)
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

i wish...japan only...from what i gathered they were drop shipped direct to japan...otherwise id break my neck trying to get stock.

it was a tough first day putting them on, part of me wanted to keep them nice and DS...but they were given to me to wear, and I have been rocking them constant ever since...
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
TomCat
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TomCat »

Are they actually a cupsole or did they just put stitching on the vulcanized sole to make it look more like a boot?
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

from what i can tell and my limited knowledge-- its a standard vulc sole construction (w/ reverse waffle) and the stitching goes into a black leather piece that is between the foxing wrap and the brown leather....if that makes sense....meaning the black panel that the stitching is sewn into is leather, not actually part of the rubber vulc.
MF HectoOR
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by MF HectoOR »

those look so damn nice!
MF HectoOR
sz 9.5-10.5

Shoes For Sale [Updated 04.23.12]
Filson Slip On sz.9
Looking to Buy/Trade [Updated 04.23.12] - Looking for NECKFACE & Taka Hayashi's
OTWS Feedback
NSB Feedback
ISS/SC Feedback
TomCat
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TomCat »

silokinesis wrote:from what i can tell and my limited knowledge-- its a standard vulc sole construction (w/ reverse waffle) and the stitching goes into a black leather piece that is between the foxing wrap and the brown leather....if that makes sense....meaning the black panel that the stitching is sewn into is leather, not actually part of the rubber vulc.
Ahh, I see the black leather now. I didn't notice that before, sick shoe nonetheless.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

they have the same outsole as the Buckleback Chukka LXs with the stitching. I dont think its for function as much as it is to just ad character but I do like this shoe. Hope they make to Ebay.
sz12