Vans Sk8 Hi "No Guts No Glory" (White)

Vans' Core-Skater line.
Sjohnnnn
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Sjohnnnn »

Do you guys think its worth it for 70 shipped W/ OG box. Thanks for the respond.
Not my picture sellers picture.

Portugal.
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Re: Vans Sk8 Hi "No Guts No Glory" (White)

Post by Portugal. »

theres a guy selling ds for that price on ebay
what size do you need?

Looking For These in Sizes 9-11. PM if Selling at a Good Price:
-Vans Wtaps
-Vans Syndicates
-Vans Rick Griffin E-Street
Sjohnnnn
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Sjohnnnn »

@Portugal Foreal? 9-10 preferably 9.5 or 10
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

I want these in a 9 :(
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
Sjohnnnn
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Sjohnnnn »

JesseC wrote:I want these in a 9 :(
Ill keep an eye out for you! saw one in the orange color way on the bay a couple weeks ago and on solecollector i was about to grab one for 40 bucks VNDS but i passed didint know much about syndicates and vans that much yet
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Yeah, I have two green ones, and I knew about a site that had them for like three years, almost none of their Vans sold. So I waited and waited until finally I got the greens, skated them and fell in love, then as soon as I go to the site, they ditched their stock. I don't know where it went but I haven't found it yet. I don't care much for the orange, but the whites and greens are cool.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
nurizat
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by nurizat »

there this guy dookiefat in ebay sellin fer cheap

but in large size i guess

the green still there i guess...

since 66.. 10/10.5
since 66 forever

size 10.5/11
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

its funny how these didnt do nearly as well, along with the devils....we were a syndicate dealer at the time, and they were never offered to us officially as a prebook (just the mr/cartoon sk8 hi and the black bones from 006 series)

then all of a sudden, maybe 1 or 2 shops had them, and that was it. 3 months down the road I get an availability and there are literally hundreds sitting in the warehouse. Its like they never shipped them or told anyone about them. So the launch was definitely botched, I don't necessarily think it had to do with the graphics kits --although obviously not as strong as the bones series. Definitely a must for collectors as they are so under the radar, but the quality is amazing on them, just as good as early wtaps....as Jesse said, they skate amazing.

It definitely hurt that some random big box accounts must have gotten them on discount and flooded ebay with them. They sold like 2 pair out of 50 listed for like $40 or less. if they were smart they could have trickeled them in one pair at a time and easily made double or triple...but when you make something look like its on closeout, it only attracts the garage sale ebay shoppers.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yup, I passed up many white, green, and orange pairs of these at the local Nordstrom Racks. They weren't "hot in the streets" if you know what I mean! The Devils W)Taps sat at the Elsinore outlet for over a year! Sk8-Hi's and Eras. I never paid attention to the Sk8-Hi, and that ones dope, with the stitched flames. That's some serious details right there! Ask 48waffle...he's been there longer than that!
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Yeah, I own the Devils and NGNG and honestly... I'd take them over Burgandy Wtaps any day due to the quality.

Brant, that's really weird! I always wondered why they weren't as hot. The rubber and suede from 005-006 Wtaps was the most buttery I've ever skated. It's sad that pickyourshoes dropped their stock of them. I was gonna buy two but just waited too long.

Guam, passed up for $30!!!? Even then that was a very considerable price for them. So comfortable.

Anyone notice that the new insoles have all the tech in the heel and ball, yet aren't near as comfy as th older Syndicate ones? Older ones were so thick and squishy.
Looking to buy:
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

I preferred the old pu insoless as well… And usually swap them out. The shoes actually just fit me better that way As I seem to be right between an 8.5 and a 9.0 in the current release.
It definitely depends on the release though… I remember our conversation about the greg hunt AV, those are extra thin....Some of the more recent ones are better / more supportive Even though it's the same insole, the last or shank must be built different.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Yeah they're great. I love that canvas the put on all the original ones better too. It feels better in everyway imo. Not to mention that the new ones have hollow creases around the outline of the blue foam piece and you can feel it sink too much where your big toe goes.
Looking to buy:
memo!
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by memo! »

I ended up picking up my Devils for about $30-35 shipped (DS BNIB) off eBay. I regret not buying all the other pairs because my pair is now beat, but they still remain one of my favorite pairs.
Wanted: DS Silver Fixed Gear Era's in a sz.9
whoadie
UTPL Private

Post by whoadie »

anyone know where i can get this in a 10.5-11?
Sjohnnnn
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by Sjohnnnn »

whoadie wrote:anyone know where i can get this in a 10.5-11?

check the bay saw one on there