021.131 JULIEN STRANGER

Vans' Core-Skater line.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

021.131 JULIEN STRANGER

Post by silokinesis »

Thought now that the release date is here it was time to take the comments from the spy shots to its own thread: (even though there is so much discussion on the previous thread...so Guam do with this what you will.)

Just wanted everyone to see the custom box, extra insoles, and the dust bag! Super stoked on all the goodies.
Last edited by silokinesis on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
dlaz
UTPL Private

Re: 021.131 JULIEN STRANGER

Post by dlaz »

ugh!so tempting silo...damn!
i also just saw the red old skool syndicate.another tempting addition.. :?
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I thought those other Derby's and red Old Skools were being released some other time? So there's 3 Syndicate releases this month? I'm confused...

On topic... I really dig the presentation and features of these! Not into the colors at all, though. Definitely will be interested in the Old Skool version when that's out.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
memo!
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

021.131 JULIEN STRANGER

Post by memo! »

Pictures of the Old Skools?
Wanted: DS Silver Fixed Gear Era's in a sz.9
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

^ "and the old skools are delayed slightly. I will edit this post as soon as I have those locked and loaded as well."

Just at the bottom there man
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
Music City
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Music City »

rocketgoof wrote:I thought those other Derby's and red Old Skools were being released some other time? So there's 3 Syndicate releases this month? I'm confused...

On topic... I really dig the presentation and features of these! Not into the colors at all, though. Definitely will be interested in the Old Skool version when that's out.
The October releases are the Julien Stranger Pack, the red Old Skool, and two new colors of the Derby.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

dat box doe... :idea:

How many signatures on a patition you think it would take to get the drawer style back? lol
sz12
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Music City wrote:
rocketgoof wrote:I thought those other Derby's and red Old Skools were being released some other time? So there's 3 Syndicate releases this month? I'm confused...

The October releases are the Julien Stranger Pack, the red Old Skool, and two new colors of the Derby.
That's what seems weird to me. It's like 3 drops all at once. Even though 2 of them are extensions on older drops, I guess. Like a sudden flood of the market.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

memo!
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

021.131 JULIEN STRANGER

Post by memo! »

JesseC wrote:^ "and the old skools are delayed slightly. I will edit this post as soon as I have those locked and loaded as well."

Just at the bottom there man
What I meant to ask is if there were any pictures of them at all.
Wanted: DS Silver Fixed Gear Era's in a sz.9
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

the derbys and old skools are in my webstore as well, if you want images. Music city is 100% correct. (whats up brother! hope all is well :) )

so the red/white old skool is the new one, and then the black/white was offered again as a carryover, although it technically has an updated release #. (same sku though on vans end, just so the really ocd collectors know.)

the navy julien stranger old skool is simply delayed a few days....to complete the pack.

as far as the releases go, It seems they were trying to do one release per month every month with the new system....but it was a little strange that they were all available 10/1 (with the exception of the half cab lite that you all know about already, those are coming next month and the month after.)

the snag is, if they were all available 10/1, i went ahead and ordered them for the earliest release date possible....but we could have done them for 10/1, 11/1 and 12/1 if we wanted, so space it out...and some shops may have done just that. I wanted them asap though, why not have the newest, latest and greatest as quickly as I could? To me, it was a bit of a hiccup, flaw in thinking...personally I would have scrapped maybe one of the releases, or spaced it out for 1/1/13 instead, but they are all great releases, so its not for me to say what should be sold and what shouldn't. Anyway enough rambling, just saying rocketgoof is dead on, and I don't have a true explanation, just observations and trying to reason it out.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

wolfstrice09 wrote:dat box doe... :idea:

How many signatures on a petition you think it would take to get the drawer style back? lol
and seriously! I am pretty much at like 100% on my unofficial survey with instore and online customers....EVERY one ive asked if they would gladly pay an extra 5$ to have the dust bag and drawer box for each release. I know we are not the end all be all, but its overwhelming enthusiasm, even if it affected the price.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, the sturdier the boxes, the higher I can stack them...especially when they keep releasing 4 shoes a month!
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Yeah, the sturdier the boxes, the higher I can stack them...especially when they keep releasing 4 shoes a month!
hahahaha

Yeah, the drawer boxes are definitely missed. I would've done the same and ordered them all asap like SILO did. I just hope that doesn't mean they'll sit around on the shelves longer or make Syndicates seem easier to obtain, so people just start passing/waiting on them or something. I was wondering about those black Old Skools as well, since they were mentioned in the release.

Can't wait to see the Julien Stranger Old Skools!

Music City
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Music City »

silokinesis wrote:the derbys and old skools are in my webstore as well, if you want images. Music city is 100% correct. (whats up brother! hope all is well :) )

so the red/white old skool is the new one, and then the black/white was offered again as a carryover, although it technically has an updated release #. (same sku though on vans end, just so the really ocd collectors know.)

the navy julien stranger old skool is simply delayed a few days....to complete the pack.

as far as the releases go, It seems they were trying to do one release per month every month with the new system....but it was a little strange that they were all available 10/1 (with the exception of the half cab lite that you all know about already, those are coming next month and the month after.)

the snag is, if they were all available 10/1, i went ahead and ordered them for the earliest release date possible....but we could have done them for 10/1, 11/1 and 12/1 if we wanted, so space it out...and some shops may have done just that. I wanted them asap though, why not have the newest, latest and greatest as quickly as I could? To me, it was a bit of a hiccup, flaw in thinking...personally I would have scrapped maybe one of the releases, or spaced it out for 1/1/13 instead, but they are all great releases, so its not for me to say what should be sold and what shouldn't. Anyway enough rambling, just saying rocketgoof is dead on, and I don't have a true explanation, just observations and trying to reason it out.
Howdy Brant, Hope all is well!

FYI, Things get back to normal this Spring with 2/1, 3/1, and 4/1 specific drops.
lookdown
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by lookdown »

Eh....