Cheapest way to ship internationally???

Anything goes...put on your flame suit!
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Cheapest way to ship internationally???

Post by JesseC »

Help is much appreciated. The post office wont go any lower than $49 and fedex is telling me it will cost $120 or something like that. Anyone here know the cheapest way? looking for $20-30. Package is a little over 4 lbs and is 15x7x5 in demensions.

Thanks!
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
dlaz
UTPL Private

Re: Cheapest way to ship internationally???

Post by dlaz »

you're shipping it out internationally?
my experience with US seller is that USPS is the cheapest with tracking number.
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Yeah man Im pretty sure USPS is the cheapest your going to find usually between $40-$60
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Is UPS cheap? I'm not providing a tracking number, I'm just gonna send it away. I've shipped for $25 before but I can't seem to get that rate.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
rockinobey
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by rockinobey »

Yeah I usually use USPS, and it ranges from $45-60, and as for tracking number you can use the custom number provided when you fill out the form. I just send out some shoes to UK, paid $60 with no tracking but ended up using that custom# which works. Yeah I haven't shipped anything internationally for $25 range. Best bet USPS.
sz.8 please!
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

JesseC wrote:Is UPS cheap?
UPS, FedEx, DHL.. it's all going to cost around the same, usually around or over $100
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Unless you find someone who has a written agreement with them. UPS gives you +/- 60% discount in this case.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Always ship worldwide using USPS Priority Mail. Don't mess with anything else. It's the easiest, and most hassle-free, and the package gets around the world in typically 3-5 days, unless held up by customs. If your box is 15x7x5, then I assume it's a free USPS Priority Mail "shoebox" size? USPS is roughly $35 online, for a 2 lb. package. For every lb. I'd say add like $10. A 5 lb. package is about $60, though. You do need the clear envelopes, though, legally labeled as a 2976-E form, which are at the post office, at the label kiosk. You will print out your label in 2 sheets, each sheet having 2 labels, which you'll need to cut in half. Each label is numbered in the bottom corner. You keep copy #4. #1-3 go in the envelope. SIGN EACH COPY AND DATE THEM! All of the info will have been pre-entered online. Make sure that the weight adds up, if you are packing up more than one item in the box. A pair of shoes counts as one item. If you want to be nice, then label them as a gift, and put each shoe for like $30-$40 for their customs fees. Governments spend way too much time and energy on singular packages, if you ask me, and instead they should be looking at the bulk importers, and taxing them for doing business. They're the ones with substantial profit to make!
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Thanks for everything guys. I ended up mailing it through USPS. Fedex wanted $157 so I got out of there and paid $49 at the Post Office. My copies didn't print through very well on my #4, though. Should I write over the light writing so it's more clear or would that be considered forging? I didn't write hard enough and it occured to me that they may look for discrepencies in the ink that presses in vs normal pen ink.

This isn't my first time sending packages over seas, I've done it a several times but I just started gaining more interest in the little details. I'm particularly worried with this one as the postal code which went to the address wasn't provided to me, and after I shipped the package, I checked and noticed that there was one added. I don't want to eat this shipping cost twice..
Looking to buy:
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah U gotta be sure that nothing is missing, especially a postal code. They may end up dropping the package off back to you, but who knows. Also, the 4th copy is just for you, so don't sweat it.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Everything shipped perfect, no worries. Thanks for the help guys
Looking to buy: