Bulbousmicrobe- I don't even know what shoes I have

Introduce yourself - maybe add a pic of your collection, or favorite kicks!
Bulbousmicrobe
UTPL Private

Bulbousmicrobe- I don't even know what shoes I have

Post by Bulbousmicrobe »

Sup, I'm just an 18 yearold longboarder that has been rocking the same pair of Vans for 2 years.

I've owned plenty of vans in the past, but these really just clicked for me. I love everything about them, the one piece suede toecap, the green plad accents,the flush (almost) one piece of rubber that surrounds the shoe, and the durability; issue is that i do not know their name.

They're getting old. The traction pattern on the bottom is almost non-existance, and one is ripped.

I snagged these at JCPenny 2 years ago for $30, I really should have bought 3 more pairs.

Can anyone ID these? The tag on the tongue says TB5B in the lower left corner.

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Bulbousmicrobe- I don't even know what shoes I have

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Whoa! You can definitely tell that they were your favorite, by the usage they got. I like that you represent another side of Vans, that a lot of us aren't familiar with, and that's the basic department store variants of Vans shoes. You see, here at OTWS, we're mostly comprised of sneaker collectors, and some skaters, who focus primarily on the classic silhouettes, but I feel that someone on here will be able to find you your answers. We all search for nostalgic items, or stuff we can't seem to find anymore, and many of us have been pointed in the direction we needed to go in, so good luck, and I will see what I can dig up for you! Welcome to OTWS by the way!

edit: I found a model called the Bishop, but it's not exactly the same. The search continues...

edit #2: FOUND IT! Vans Widow Vulc is the name of the shoe. Do a Google search and a ton of pics and versions will show up.
Bulbousmicrobe
UTPL Private

Post by Bulbousmicrobe »

Thanks for the reply, hopefully someone knows what theses shoes are. This is probably terrifying shoe gore to all the collectors on this site lol
48waffle
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by 48waffle »

There called Biahop Vulc. Hit the nail on the head billy, deffently a deptarment store vans shoe.
Better late then never
Size 10-10.5
Looking for : sk8 hi or era OG Palm Leaf in black or white
Carhartt Old Skool any color