Needlepoint Mice Van Dorens

If you're new to Vans, this is a good place to start.
Kaseysmom
UTPL Private

Needlepoint Mice Van Dorens

Post by Kaseysmom »

Wondered if anyone can tell me anything about these, are they from the 70s? 80s? Never have seen a pair like them. My daughter is the skater but she wears almost double the size of these! She collects vintage boards, but not shoes. Ok well wouldnt accept an attachment, so here is the description, Black needlepoint laceup with mice and cheese, backs read Van Doren, insides read Vans Made in the USA NP737. Size 6 1/2 and I can email a photo(s). Thank you!
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Needlepoint Mice Van Dorens

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Sorry, you have to host your own pics, in order to share them with us! Anyways, welcome to OTWS, and these sound like a cool vintage Vans shoe, even though I can't see it right now. There are way too many Vans shoes out there, to say specifically what they are, or where they came from. Keep in mind, that back in the day, anyone could bring in their own material to the Vans factory in Anaheim/Santa Ana, CA, and have them whip up their own customized pair of shoes, in about a week. This makes it impossible to keep track of every shoe out there! Being that her pair says Van Doren on the heel tab, means that is is an earlier pair, like from the late 60s to early 70s, and if it's in the style of the current "Authentic" from Vans, then it probably pre-dates to before they catered to the skateboard market. Might be a great collector's item! You also may want to try and contact our friend Wayne, over at theothersideofthepillow, who deals mainly with the vintage era of Vans. You can also email him at: theothersideofthepillow@hotmail.co.uk

Good luck!
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Wow is this the first mom to join the forum?
Anyways welcome! You say their needlepoint, as in hand sewn? If this is the case its probably as Bill mentioned, "A Custom". If that is the case its probably one of one. Can't say that I've ever seen a Vans shoe with a mouse & cheese, but then again im sure there's hundreds of Vintage Vans that I've never seen.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
Kaseysmom
UTPL Private

Post by Kaseysmom »

Oh, forgot, Thank you to you both!
Kaseysmom
UTPL Private

Post by Kaseysmom »

Opps, my first longgg message got erased, or I didn't hit the right button, moms...So anyway, Im the first mom, Hurrayyyy. What gave it away, the name? I was going to pick a cool name, but theres nothing cooler then Kasey (opps, and Michelle). The sneakers would of been hand sewn, needlepoint is done with a heavy yarn type thread. As I was looking for some info. today about the sneakers, I came across another pair same era, this pair has flowers needlepointed on them, they were advertised as keds yet they are Van Dorens, They were a good price so I bought them! Now I have two pair (one on its way) of Vintage Vans that will not fit any of the big feet in my family :) Again, thank you
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Wow, you barely found us, and have already came across a mislabeled item in your "genre" of Vans, for a great price. We like to brag and boast about all of our "steals" that we come across, but yours sounds like an awesome find! I say "genre", because Vans has sooo many categories of shoes, which aim at different demographics, but surprisingly with the same exact model of shoe, like the Era, Authentic, Old Skool, and Sk8-Hi. There are hardcore skaters, surfers, fashion trendsetters, vintage collectors, hipsters, hippies, sneaker collectors, and the list goes on, and Vans easily taps into all of those sub-cultures effortlessly, thus, the reason why I enjoy running a site, and a forum like this! We bridge gaps, and the Vans community grows! Feel free to share websites that you come across, if you happen to take this vintage sneaker thing further. If it was just a curiosity for more knowledge about what you already had, then I hope we helped a little!
Kaseysmom
UTPL Private

Post by Kaseysmom »

Yeaaa Im not in any of those categories, so I will make my own. My daughter is a skater... for many years, (she falls into the Hippie Dreads & Tattoos skater category), So any time I come across anything vintage skate related at a good price I pick it up for her. Vans are what she wears, when she has shoes on, but the vans I picked up are maybe preskate shoes and too small Therfore I will probably put them up for auction. And my category is Awesome mom that spoils Daughters :) Thanks again for all your help!
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

Kaseysmom wrote:Yeaaa Im not in any of those categories, so I will make my own. My daughter is a skater... for many years, (she falls into the Hippie Dreads & Tattoos skater category), So any time I come across anything vintage skate related at a good price I pick it up for her. Vans are what she wears, when she has shoes on, but the vans I picked up are maybe preskate shoes and too small Therfore I will probably put them up for auction. And my category is Awesome mom that spoils Daughters :) Thanks again for all your help!
Welcome you're a good mom :D
sz 11