Re: Vans Syndicate x Concepts Skate Shop

Post by SonicHype »

very disappointed.
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

Crimson Ghost wrote:This is not Syndicate. That's all I have to say.
Why?Explain.
sz 11
LV_1790
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by LV_1790 »

nurizat wrote:
akamedaniel wrote:Only one shoe.. I guess that being the SK8-Hi.. :(
At least i'll save $150.
Yes...I save too:)

haha

Since 66... 10/10.5
+1 i amo not buying these i hope those who will wear them can get them on saturday
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Well, I get this feeling quite often when looking at recent Syndicate releases.
Here's what I affiliate with an "S" product: calm-looking shoe, that doesn't really stand out unless you take a closer look. Nothing too fancy, simplicity is the key. Here's where the fun begins - the materials, the packaging, the background. A Syndicate shoe to me is not a shoe that looks like your regular Pro release - and when I saw the new Authentics or the Jazz Stripe pack I thought that they could easily be a part of the Pro line (and they are...). Now take a look at your Jason Jessee Old Skools - a Pro release can suck their oiled leather balls. Seeing the Concepts shoe makes me think of an older Vault release - that's where I'd place them, in the Vault line.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Crimson Ghost wrote:This is not Syndicate. That's all I have to say.
Hehe. This is the NEW Syndicate. Better get used to it! Vans has somehow caught the attention of what Syndicate does, probably somewhere around the burgundy bones W)Taps, and now they think they have their very own lil' Nike SB dept to milk the public on. They couldn't be more wrong if so!
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

I would think the back story would have a lot to do

with why they went the syndicate route. Probably good friends with the branch.
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Hehe. This is the NEW Syndicate. Better get used to it!
I hate the new syndicate, because the new syndicate hates us. Or just doesn't respect us. Where did the premium materials go? The rubber with fibers in it? Why ruining what seemed a machine that created perfect shoes? Because that's what Syndicate was to me.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Vandol wrote:I would think the back story would have a lot to do

with why they went the syndicate route. Probably good friends with the branch.

Concepts knows sneakers. Very well. They know what Syndicate represents, and being able to collab with them, instead of say Vault, or not even a sub-division, probably helps put more worth into the shoe. It's all about the shoe. If you wanted to make a dope, or hype ass Vans shoe, where would you want to go first? Syndicate walks that fine line between core skaters, and sneakerheads, because who was buying up most Syndicate releases in the early days? Sneakerheads. Why? Because they were limited, most had a story, expensive, and of high quality. It's no wonder that Supreme and Syndicate are one of the same. Every release is a calculated risk, and pushes some sort of envelope. Maybe they're letting Supreme be what Syndicate used to be (except it comes with all this damn Supreme hype at the moment, meaning we have a hard time getting stuff), and Syndicate is slowly turning into something else, closer to what Vault was, and perhaps Vault is becoming something else, like along the lines of Taka's stuff? Hehe, it's all up for discussion.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

I dunno, I don't see how these are any different than bones, wings, or devils, or any of those releases that were early on in the syndicate days, were flashy, similar to GR styles, but just higher quality. I've always thought that bones looked like a Hot Topic shoe. Same with devils. Heck, Rads are probably the flashiest Syndicate ever! Even flashier than GR Rads.

I'm loving syndicate lately, but I've always loved syndicate. The thing I've always loved is that they can do a fancy/crazy/flashy shoe (rudeez, rads, bones, devils, wings, mid skools, Grimes, the list goes on...) but also do a simple, minimalistic release that almost doesn't even seem like anything special other than a roots Vans release until you look closer, then you've gotta have 'em (mike hill's, greg hunt, kesslers, zero lo's, jazz stripes, steve olsens, etc...). But that's what I love about Syndicate, there's always a story, always extra quality, sometimes there's hype, sometimes nothing...

I dunno, maybe I'm not getting what you guys are saying about Syndicates not being a fancy shoe or even that they've changed into something too different than what they've always been... I mean, if you look at 001's, they've got a pair like Mr Cartoons, but then something simple, yet a throwback, with the Mountain editions... And those 001 mid skools were in no way simple!

The amount of releases might be what you're talking about I guess? But the quality is still there. Yeah, there's still the issue with sole quality and stuff, but even my 004 old skools had the IFC soles that wore down super fast, so I think that's just something that's standing out now that people know what to look for. Every release has potential for error, even from that early on.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

It has more to do with the flashiness and fashion forward design of them. Like the AVE x Dill Pack. Syndicate's earlier themes were more utilitarian more than anything. Rugged, motorcycle, military, work wear, industrial, FOR MEN, lol! It's as if they kicked out all the old designers, and went straight to Paris, or NYC, or something. Once you migrate from that, and start catering to the fast paced world of fashion, then there's no turning back because you've now sold out. A hot shoe today, won't be shit next year. It might in a few years later down the road, when the trend circles back again, but Syndicate spoke directly to a guy like me, who wears jeans, and dickies, and t-shirts. Maybe hoodies! I don't dress to what a fashion blog or magazine says is in style. Honestly, I couldn't anyways, cause I wear a 42 and a 3XL tee, but this lack of a style, is a style to me. This is what the earlier "S" felt like, even with it's special releases from labels like W)Taps that nobody knew who they were (or cared about) because it wasn't in style. As long as they just dabble in this realm of stuff they don't normally do, then we're good. So far, it's been just that. For the most part, we get our classic, utilitarian, "manly" releases, so it's all good to me.
id10tech
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by id10tech »

My brain hurts from all the jibba jabba.
FUCK a RE-Seller
miles_hi
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by miles_hi »

have we forgot about the "chaz sk8-hi" except for the color same shoe? no?
h8ers gonna h8. :mrgreen:
SlipOnFiend
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by SlipOnFiend »

Aw man! That clear sole looks so sick, but I just can't do it; that tribal vibe is not working for me.
LuisBLDV
UTPL Private

Post by LuisBLDV »

This reminds me of the Mr. Cartoon Sk8-Hi's. I like the lining and the drawer box. Overall, it's a simple sneaker and something I won't regret passing on. Good luck to those looking to get these. :D

P.S. Do a video review. Haha
LuisBLDV
Size 12
IG: luisbldv
reistlust
UTPL Private

Post by reistlust »

its just below expectation for me, great story behind the shoe tho.
the pattern and the color remind me of mastodon's. well, save $150 :lol:
FS/FS
Vans Vault Takahayashi x Pendleton
Sz. 9us