Vans Syndicate x Concepts Skate Shop

Vans' Core-Skater line.
skorone
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Re: Vans Syndicate x Concepts Skate Shop

Post by skorone »

Looks cool , some nice points and some bad points , ie pink lining. But all in all a nice release.
...TEAM OTWS...

skorone.wordpress.com

RIP DSYFR
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

Crimson Ghost wrote:Well, I get this feeling quite often when looking at recent Syndicate releases.
Here's what I affiliate with an "S" product: calm-looking shoe, that doesn't really stand out unless you take a closer look. Nothing too fancy, simplicity is the key. Here's where the fun begins - the materials, the packaging, the background. A Syndicate shoe to me is not a shoe that looks like your regular Pro release - and when I saw the new Authentics or the Jazz Stripe pack I thought that they could easily be a part of the Pro line (and they are...). Now take a look at your Jason Jessee Old Skools - a Pro release can suck their oiled leather balls. Seeing the Concepts shoe makes me think of an older Vault release - that's where I'd place them, in the Vault line.
hey, hey, hey.. as much as i disagree with giving concepts a shoe on the syndicate line, let's not forget how much these look like mr. cartoon sk8-his. sure, they prob wouldn't match up to jason jesses. shit, but what would? i probably wouldn't buy these but they're enough for me to say it looks like a clean shoe (just don't like the lining) :mrgreen:
rescobot
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by rescobot »

Derek wrote:
Crimson Ghost wrote:Well, I get this feeling quite often when looking at recent Syndicate releases.
Here's what I affiliate with an "S" product: calm-looking shoe, that doesn't really stand out unless you take a closer look. Nothing too fancy, simplicity is the key. Here's where the fun begins - the materials, the packaging, the background. A Syndicate shoe to me is not a shoe that looks like your regular Pro release - and when I saw the new Authentics or the Jazz Stripe pack I thought that they could easily be a part of the Pro line (and they are...). Now take a look at your Jason Jessee Old Skools - a Pro release can suck their oiled leather balls. Seeing the Concepts shoe makes me think of an older Vault release - that's where I'd place them, in the Vault line.
hey, hey, hey.. as much as i disagree with giving concepts a shoe on the syndicate line, let's not forget how much these look like mr. cartoon sk8-his. sure, they prob wouldn't match up to jason jesses. shit, but what would? i probably wouldn't buy these but they're enough for me to say it looks like a clean shoe (just don't like the lining) :mrgreen:
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw these. Very similar to the mr cartoon sk8 highs. IMO, I really like these. Definitely getting.
@rescoesloco

NEED in sz 9 or 9.5:
001 mr cartoon authentic
003 wtaps chukka
005 wtaps chukka
018 wtaps sk8 high
usugrow sk8 high
mastodon blood mountain sk8 high[/color]
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Derek wrote:as much as i disagree with giving concepts a shoe on the syndicate line
Why do people disagree with Concepts collaborating on the Syndicate line? ..I mean it is a skate shop, wouldn't it only make sense that they collaborate with Syndicate?
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

^ shit, i didn't even realize how long concepts has been around or that they were even a skate shop. makes sense
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Man, totally forgot about the Mr. Cartoon sk8-hi's in my long, rambling post. haha If anything, I feel like these are getting back at the core of Syndicate with each release having a collab and a backstory. (other than the price point, of course) And I just NOW noticed that's laser-etched leather on the sides. I thought it was just fabric earlier. Makes these much nicer and more appealing in my book!

When's the SILO x Syndicate collab? :D
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
MF HectoOR
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by MF HectoOR »

I like them but if these go the route of nike sb, concept will have a legit package and then releases set select shops without the extras
MF HectoOR
sz 9.5-10.5

Shoes For Sale [Updated 04.23.12]
Filson Slip On sz.9
Looking to Buy/Trade [Updated 04.23.12] - Looking for NECKFACE & Taka Hayashi's
OTWS Feedback
NSB Feedback
ISS/SC Feedback
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Crimson Ghost wrote:
DJGuamstyles wrote:Hehe. This is the NEW Syndicate. Better get used to it!
I hate the new syndicate, because the new syndicate hates us. Or just doesn't respect us. Where did the premium materials go? The rubber with fibers in it? Why ruining what seemed a machine that created perfect shoes? Because that's what Syndicate was to me.

EXACTLY. THANK YOU

I swear no one but you understands the importance of the tough soles and tight construction. The shape and fit is all bloated now. The Mike Hill Sk8 boot is the best quality upper I've seen on a Syndicate since the Ave/Dill stff released.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

rocketgoof wrote:
When's the SILO x Syndicate collab? :D
You are too kind ;)

Maybe someday, some day. I know we would have the sell through for sure, especially with such a good group of guys here backing us... but there is a PC-ness to the whole thing, a pecking order so to speak. Though we do fairly large business for our size and location, we just aren't seen as a "hot bed" of style and culture.... more of an anomaly. Would be amazing though !!! Kind of embarrassed that our last shoe we did was a DC, but that was in like 2006 or something... in all fairness I sold out of them in about 25 minutes.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Honestly, if I were to pick one "S" dealer to collaborate with the Syndicate line, it would be you, Brant. Shit, we need to make a petition or something, this guy deserves it!

Thanks Jesse ;)
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

Crimson Ghost wrote:Honestly, if I were to pick one "S" dealer to collaborate with the Syndicate line, it would be you, Brant. Shit, we need to make a petition or something, this guy deserves it!

:) I've got a couple ideas saved for a rainy day :)
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I will do everything in my power to petition for Brant to get a collab. Forget about that pecking order yo! What...you gotta sell New Balance, Jordan, and Nike Sportswear now to be a legitimized skate shop? Because that's sort of what Concepts sells, right? What ever happened to the shops that have put in their work, and shown dedication, let alone properly display the "S" brand in a way that gets them sold? That needs to fuckin' be recognized, not GOLFWANG! Not CarharttWIP and their assholes in the NYC shop! Silo for 2014! Campaign buttons coming soon, :lol:
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

The silo logo would look dope on the the side of a shoe, even the heel tab and tongue labels :D
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
Music City
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Vans Syndicate x Concepts Skate Shop

Post by Music City »

Vans respects Silo...Fact. Is a shoe in the works, beats me, but wouldn't be surprised if they have one coming down the pipes.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

DJGuamstyles wrote:I will do everything in my power to petition for Brant to get a collab. Forget about that pecking order yo! What...you gotta sell New Balance, Jordan, and Nike Sportswear now to be a legitimized skate shop? Because that's sort of what Concepts sells, right? What ever happened to the shops that have put in their work, and shown dedication, let alone properly display the "S" brand in a way that gets them sold? That needs to fuckin' be recognized, not GOLFWANG! Not CarharttWIP and their assholes in the NYC shop! Silo for 2014! Campaign buttons coming soon, :lol:

YES
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.