2013/2014 SAMPLES???

Vans' Core-Skater line.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: 2013/2014 SAMPLES???

Post by rocketgoof »

hahaha, agree totally!

If it's online, it's free game. Unless you're someone who works for Vans and is posting them when you shouldn't be, then have at it! I don't want anybody losing their job over it, but it's not our fault if someone lets pictures leak. Especially if they're found on Facebook and Hypebeast, of all places... haha

I'm not one to run across a picture of an unreleased pair of Vans and go "gee, I better not share this because I don't know if I'm allowed to be looking at this" and sheepishly close the browser and delete my history. My thought is usually "off to OTWS with this!" As I would think most other Vans enthusiasts think.

I think it's silly that anybody should lose their job over it, too. Hopefully Vans doesn't do that if the person only has one strike against them. It's even cooler if it's a planned leak like Rancid was saying up there. Guerrilla marketing is some of the most exciting kind! As long as it doesn't get out of hand and become obvious that it's guerrilla marketing... If anything, we're the people they SHOULD be leaking to, cuz we're the congregation.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
id10tech
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by id10tech »

JesseC wrote:This goes for all forum members: if you have pictures of samples, keep them to yourself. Please share them only via PM's with other members.

From here on out lets just respect that things are kept under wrap for a reason.
I'm behind this. Get off your freedom of speech high horse and realize the repercussions that advanced pics/info can affect his forum and some of it's distinguished members. Keep it private.
FUCK a RE-Seller
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

id10tech wrote:
JesseC wrote:This goes for all forum members: if you have pictures of samples, keep them to yourself. Please share them only via PM's with other members.

From here on out lets just respect that things are kept under wrap for a reason.
pics/info can affect his forum and some of it's distinguished members.
Bill said it himself, if Vans doesn't ask him to take them down then they stay up.
OTWS's "Distinguished Members" would never do some shit like that in the first place. Im pretty sure Music City & retail_whore arn't going to feel any backlash for someone else's mistake.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
acoustic_rancid
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by acoustic_rancid »

id10tech wrote:

I'm behind this. Get off your freedom of speech high horse and realize the repercussions that advanced pics/info can affect his forum and some of it's distinguished members. Keep it private.
Thing is, the members in question who could run into trouble are smart about it. They're not sharing samples and posting details before they're allowed to.
Freedom of speech is taking it a bit far, but at the same time, it's valid. What's there to gain from policing the forum? If we're well behaved, is Vans going to ask us for addresses and send us all a treat for being good little posters? Nah.

Keep it as-is, take down when requested, be interested and respectful. No need to lock things down more than that.

Unless you're just not interested in seeing samples? ;)
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

A few things...

It's not anybody's job here to stop leaks from employees of Vans who aren't supposed to be sharing the information in the first place. Nobody here did anything wrong, as far as I can tell from what's been posted.

If these pictures leaked from an employee of Vans, well, they know better than to do that. It's not our fault if they get in trouble. If you sign a contract agreeing not to share privileged information as I'm assuming all Vans cohorts must have to do, then are dumb enough to do it anyway, that's all on you.

As far as I know, nobody here is breaking into Vans headquarters and taking pictures of products in development or hacking into their system and stealing images and posting them here.

The members here that are "in the know" on these kinds of things are super smart about it and never share what they're not allowed to. They're all just a bunch of teases, and darn good at it.

Has this forum or anybody on it ever actually felt repercussions for leaked pictures that they didn't leak? I don't think so. Vans has asked to have pictures removed before, OTWS obliged, and that was that, as far as I know. Sounds like a system that works fine for me.

If Vans were to sever ties with one of our esteemed members over being connected with a forum where other fans of their company post leaked pictures that they found from some other public forum (in this case, they were on Hypebeast and Facebook before they were ever here), that would greatly damage their reputation for me. That's McCarthy crap and it'd be a shot to my heart. I'd question giving them any more business.

Leaked pictures build hype, we get excited, then the members of this forum give them our money hand over fist. Vans would be silly to put an end to that, even if it's pictures of shoes that never get released.
Last edited by rocketgoof on Fri May 31, 2013 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
SlipOnFiend
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by SlipOnFiend »

I totally agree with the majority here. It really isn't our responsibility to protect other people who, by posting pictures ANYWHERE online, clearly show that they do not care about getting in trouble with their employer from any repercussions, no matter how severe. That is their responsibility.
mackiv
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by mackiv »

id10tech wrote:

Lol wtf.....what affect on the forum...? What members are u talking about...? First/only course of action is usually a cease and disist letter....thats it.....i mean can we really call ourselves the off the wall site if we choose to look the other way at UNburried treasure.....?

I mean for christ sake....naked celebrities dont even get that much respect of privacy...
MacKIV on instagram
Sz 12-13

wut'chu got fo sale in my size?
ALSO LOOKIN FOR HOSOI RISING SUN SLIP-ON SZ 12-13
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

Damn, you guys, just trying to keep up a little respect for future releases. Seems I've opened Pandora's box. I understand where you are all coming from, but I'm pretty damn sure these aren't even coming out in 2013, so to me it seemed a little bit early. There's a ton of people who stay silent on the site and prey on info like this to make money later on, which is worse for all of us who want to get our hands on pairs for retail. Now, obviously Syndicate is not as strong as it once was, but from what I've seen that's coming out, the line is going to bounce back. I've talked with several reps/dealers and they always, ALWAYS stress that things be kept under wrap.. In my opinion, if these things are encouraged so openly, it will be a slippery slope. The more pictures that leak, the tighter Vans will get on their informed employees. We don't want sample info to cease entirely, do we?

If you all think I'm being some sort of Vans nazi, you're sadly mistaken. I may have felt more strongly about it, but I talked to Guam before I took the pictures down. I just want the releases to be fun and surprising when they hit. Maybe a compromise would be to have a sample thread which only members can see, like the Heads Up threads? I love seeing samples just as much as any of you, and I don't intend to stop the flow or control what is seen here on the forums..
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Juicy stuff here! Finally a topic worth checking back on!! Great convo's everyone, and here's what has happened in the past on subject matters like this. Vans really only cares about our media outlets that get notable exposure. That order goes like this: Instagram > Blog > Forum. I've gotten a few requests to take some Instagram photos down, and as y'all know, they're all tagged with the original poster, so as to show that it ain't just me. That doesn't mean they won't come to me instead of the original poster though, cause I have more of an impact. I also like being this closely connected to Vans. I want to be legitimized by them, and be used as an official media and event support for them. They know we are legit. They know we aren't just an unofficial Vans instagram account that reposts every single type of Vans picture out there (sorry treatnherright, aka @VansCollector hehe! At least you're smart enough to know where to get educated and familiar with Vans, so you can better inform your followers), just to get more and more likes. We're actually involved, in our own way, in the sneaker/streetwear/lifestyle side of Vans. Some friends at Vans have even stressed to me, that if I come across unreleased cool stuff online or on IG, just keep it to the forums. Of course, that isn't the end all be all. If we have some serious info on our forums that needs to be taken down for business purposes, then I will always comply. I'm not a rebel, and I don't need "Notoriety". I just want respect for what we all do here, and what I do.

BTW I can make the entire Vans section private to just logged in members...how's that?
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

I think thats a good start Guam.
sz12
mackiv
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by mackiv »

Good start and wonderful end to this off topic convo!
MacKIV on instagram
Sz 12-13

wut'chu got fo sale in my size?
ALSO LOOKIN FOR HOSOI RISING SUN SLIP-ON SZ 12-13
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Juicy stuff here! Finally a topic worth checking back on!! Great convo's everyone, and here's what has happened in the past on subject matters like this. Vans really only cares about our media outlets that get notable exposure. That order goes like this: Instagram > Blog > Forum. I've gotten a few requests to take some Instagram photos down, and as y'all know, they're all tagged with the original poster, so as to show that it ain't just me. That doesn't mean they won't come to me instead of the original poster though, cause I have more of an impact. I also like being this closely connected to Vans. I want to be legitimized by them, and be used as an official media and event support for them. They know we are legit. They know we aren't just an unofficial Vans instagram account that reposts every single type of Vans picture out there (sorry treatnherright, aka @VansCollector hehe! At least you're smart enough to know where to get educated and familiar with Vans, so you can better inform your followers), just to get more and more likes. We're actually involved, in our own way, in the sneaker/streetwear/lifestyle side of Vans. Some friends at Vans have even stressed to me, that if I come across unreleased cool stuff online or on IG, just keep it to the forums. Of course, that isn't the end all be all. If we have some serious info on our forums that needs to be taken down for business purposes, then I will always comply. I'm not a rebel, and I don't need "Notoriety". I just want respect for what we all do here, and what I do.

BTW I can make the entire Vans section private to just logged in members...how's that?
This is where I was coming from.. didn't mean to step on anyone's toes.
mackiv wrote:Good start and wonderful end to this off topic convo!
+1
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
memo!
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by memo! »

JesseC wrote: If you all think I'm being some sort of Vans nazi, you're sadly mistaken. I may have felt more strongly about it, but I talked to Guam before I took the pictures down. I just want the releases to be fun and surprising when they hit. Maybe a compromise would be to have a sample thread which only members can see, like the Heads Up threads? I love seeing samples just as much as any of you, and I don't intend to stop the flow or control what is seen here on the forums..
It's not very difficult to sign up on this forum. If they are truly watching, I'm sure they have accounts.
Wanted: DS Silver Fixed Gear Era's in a sz.9
MF HectoOR
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by MF HectoOR »

back to the shoe. not really feeling them yet. lol
MF HectoOR
sz 9.5-10.5

Shoes For Sale [Updated 04.23.12]
Filson Slip On sz.9
Looking to Buy/Trade [Updated 04.23.12] - Looking for NECKFACE & Taka Hayashi's
OTWS Feedback
NSB Feedback
ISS/SC Feedback
TreatnHerRight
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TreatnHerRight »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Juicy stuff here! Finally a topic worth checking back on!! Great convo's everyone, and here's what has happened in the past on subject matters like this. Vans really only cares about our media outlets that get notable exposure. That order goes like this: Instagram > Blog > Forum. I've gotten a few requests to take some Instagram photos down, and as y'all know, they're all tagged with the original poster, so as to show that it ain't just me. That doesn't mean they won't come to me instead of the original poster though, cause I have more of an impact. I also like being this closely connected to Vans. I want to be legitimized by them, and be used as an official media and event support for them. They know we are legit. They know we aren't just an unofficial Vans instagram account that reposts every single type of Vans picture out there (sorry treatnherright, aka @VansCollector hehe! At least you're smart enough to know where to get educated and familiar with Vans, so you can better inform your followers), just to get more and more likes. We're actually involved, in our own way, in the sneaker/streetwear/lifestyle side of Vans. Some friends at Vans have even stressed to me, that if I come across unreleased cool stuff online or on IG, just keep it to the forums. Of course, that isn't the end all be all. If we have some serious info on our forums that needs to be taken down for business purposes, then I will always comply. I'm not a rebel, and I don't need "Notoriety". I just want respect for what we all do here, and what I do.

Lol, Well There. No idea how to take this.
@TreatnHerRight on Twitter and Instagram (Also @VansCollector on Instagram -R.I.P-) VansCollector.tumblr.com for Tumblr
Wants Any Size 13
Vault
Syndicate
Wtaps Bones