Vans Syndicate x Defcon Old Skool "S" and Sk8-Hi "S"

Vans' Core-Skater line.
tmrsn
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: Vans Syndicate x Defcon Old Skool "S" and Sk8-Hi "S"

Post by tmrsn »

silokinesis wrote:we are scheduled to release these October 15th, just a heads up.
Thanks for the 'Heads up', i was making myself crazy checking every day, sometimes twice a day.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

;) I see them on fedex roster now, it kills me to watch the progress ... or lack thereof sometimes!
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
chrisVH
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by chrisVH »

silokinesis wrote:we are scheduled to release these October 15th, just a heads up.
Yes!
Chris
Looking to buy vans size 9.5-10.5
Instagram: puzzlechris
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by 1987 »

Unfortunately no special packaging or dust bags with these. Just the plain black box and tan paper from the last couple syndicate releases (sans the Ice-T collection). The shoes more than make up for it though, especially the Sk8-Hi. Definitely had to pick up both the Old Skool and Sk8-Hi from work. We're releasing both of them tomorrow, in-store and online at http://www.primitiveshoes.com

It's a must imo if you guys were contemplating copping em or not haha.

*edit* My bad Silo! Not trying to steal any of your thunder.. always feel like I'm doing that when I plug my shop lol
PRIMITIVE
WTB in any condition, sz 9 or 9.5:
001 mountain edition low
fucking awesome authentics - black
supreme check/cord authentics - coral
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

^^^ I was hoping for a digi cam dust bag but was not told either way, so was waiting to hear. We actually have pairs arriving today but our order was split up, so I will wait to release it all on the specified 15th.

As far as stealing my thunder, its all good on this one 1987. I put your store out on a list of just a few to help some people outside of our circle track them down. This type of release gets attention from outside the normal vans community so I have done my best to spread the word about shops such as yours.... Of course, as a very small business, I am concerned about selling my stock, but more importantly on this one, its about helping those on the hunt to find their size and style, by any means necessary. none of us are going to have any problems moving this specific release. I wouldn't be surprised if your run of sk8 hi's doesnt sell out immediately from the military community alone.

How about those old skool's though, right? Once its on your foot, you'll never take it off.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by 1987 »

Appreciate that Silo! I always refer people to your store as well, especially when I have customers looking for releases that we sold out in, we're not selling online, or have not got in yet. As far as having a problem moving these, you're absolutely right. We've had calls coming in from all types of customers, including those who are just fans of military collectables and have no prior experience with syndicates, let alone Vans.

That being said, I just checked our stock this morning, and I hit a couple negative quantities (aka a couple of you guys are going to be getting some disappointing phone calls from me or my staff). Sometimes when we have 1 or 2 pairs left in a size, and multiple people check out at the same time, all the orders get processed and we're left to sort out the mess. SO I apologize to those that will be getting a call from us later today. Good news is, like I've done in the past, I'll kindly refer you to an awesome shop called Silo that'll be droppin em soon :mrgreen:

And yeah man, those old skools are awesome. I had a tough time choosing what lace to go with, but I think I'm going with the round ones on these haha.
PRIMITIVE
WTB in any condition, sz 9 or 9.5:
001 mountain edition low
fucking awesome authentics - black
supreme check/cord authentics - coral
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

^^^ I've only had the negative qty thing happen once, during the OF release... and with 80k hits in literally minutes (which is absolutely INSANE for us, may be normal for others) we did ok. That is a devastating call to have to make, but Guam has seen the other side of that, with lack of response or just a refund, and the call is so much better and wont burn a bridge, like some of these other shops have done. Anyway, you know that already :)

I went with the flat laces initially, but the round definitely are more mil spec and mimic the AOR bags / cording, makes me want to run them that way too....try to keep the vibe more authentic.

cheers
retail_whore
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by retail_whore »

Anyone drop any knowledge on the Old Skool S RapidWeld and Sk8-Hi S RapidWeld? I've seen nothing online anywhere but when I was making enquiries about the Defcons with my local syndicate dealer today I was asked if I wanted these two as well?
Desperately seeking Andy Kessler Old Skool's.

Size 11.5
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

^ thats next month :)
retail_whore
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by retail_whore »

silokinesis wrote:^ thats next month :)
Sound, they gave me the impression that they were getting them all at the same time. I'm intrigued though because I love the RapidWeld on the Graph (LXVI) and the new Rowley Pro Lite. Can't wait to see what they're like!

Size 11.5
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I'm gonna work on making a few pairs of paracord laces in digicam or multicam for whoever wants them on here. I've been trying to source the desert camo one, but it sells out pretty fast. I gotta also find that clear shrink tubing, and then figure out a way to make it stay on the cord tips. I've been looking around online, and some people put superglue under the shrink wrap before heating it, but who knows. I just don't want it to come off. And seeing all the photos now makes me want to double up on the Old Skool as well. Sheesh, these Vans just don't quit, lol!

BTW I'm working on resizing photos from the recap of our art show last Thursday. Should be up soon!
NSDCA
UTPL Private

Post by NSDCA »

hows the fit on these? OG sk8-hi seems to run .5 larger.

old skool fit TTS?
miles_hi
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by miles_hi »

rapidweld?
is it a diffrent style of shoe?
is this what it looks like?
http://shop.vans.co.uk/uk-en/parameter-shoes-25.html
thanks
not a fan, reminds me of the cablites.
retail_whore
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by retail_whore »

miles_hi wrote:rapidweld?
is it a diffrent style of shoe?
is this what it looks like?
http://shop.vans.co.uk/uk-en/parameter-shoes-25.html
thanks
not a fan, reminds me of the cablites.
RapidWeld is a manafacturing process, completely stitchless, it's used in the LXVI range pimarily, the best example is the Graph as I said before and more recently the new Rowley Pro Lite which is an incredible shoe to wear.

Size 11.5
mackiv
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by mackiv »

I hope they don't just take an LXVI, stretch it out, then slap an S on it like they did w/ the cab lites....
MacKIV on instagram
Sz 12-13

wut'chu got fo sale in my size?
ALSO LOOKIN FOR HOSOI RISING SUN SLIP-ON SZ 12-13