Desp1: Vans SK8 Hi "SSD1"

Custom shoe artist's creations.
Desp1
UTPL Private

Desp1: Vans SK8 Hi "SSD1"

Post by Desp1 »

Whats good everyone, so here is my latest custom Vans SK8 Hi. The shoes where fully reconstructed on top of the original pair. Everything was sewn by hand using a sewing awl.
The kicks are made with faux snake skin for the vans logo on the mid panels and navy color Japanese Selvage denim.
You can hit this link to see how the shoes where made from start to finish: HOW TO GUIDE

And here is the finished product

The kicks are up for sale for $225 and free standard shipping in the continental US, they are a size 10 mens. I am not putting them up in my webstore for another week because i would like the OffTheWall community to get first dibs before they hit the webstore.
F&F Web Store
F&F Blogspot
F&F Facebook
F&F Ebay
MIGHT TAKE YOUR CUSTOM SNEAKER ORDER
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Desp1: Vans SK8 Hi "SSD1"

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Awesome!!
Your guide is very helpful, thanks. ;)
Desp1
UTPL Private

Post by Desp1 »

Crimson Ghost wrote:Awesome!!
Your guide is very helpful, thanks. ;)
Thanks a lot. I know that a lot of people want to make a custom but dont have any idea how to start so i made the guide to help out people. The guide was an inspiration from Hush's guide. He makes really dope Vans customs and he always took time to help me out when i had questions, and his guide has helped me a lot.
F&F Web Store
F&F Blogspot
F&F Facebook
F&F Ebay
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Wow! These will be up on the blog in a bit!
Desp1
UTPL Private

Post by Desp1 »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Wow! These will be up on the blog in a bit!
Thanks bro i really appreciate my work being posted on the blog. I am working on some Era's that i hopefully will have up and posted in a week or so, they are going to also be fully stitched by hand and i will make a small guide to go along with them.

Once again thanks for the props and respect.

Peace and Respect
Desp1
F&F Web Store
F&F Blogspot
F&F Facebook
F&F Ebay
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Blog post updated! Hey, you think you could add the OTWS blog to your blogroll?!? Hehe, just wondering. And also, how the hell do you take apart a pair of Eras?!? I've tried to practice on taking apart one of those, and it seems impossible. Hopefully you do a write-up on that one as well. I want to make something for personal use :).
Desp1
UTPL Private

Post by Desp1 »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Blog post updated! Hey, you think you could add the OTWS blog to your blogroll?!? Hehe, just wondering. And also, how the hell do you take apart a pair of Eras?!? I've tried to practice on taking apart one of those, and it seems impossible. Hopefully you do a write-up on that one as well. I want to make something for personal use :).
Once again thanks a lot for the blog post and i will def add OTWS to my blogroll. I will have a detailed picture guide to taking apart a pair of Era's and i will def post it up here so you can check it out. It will be my first time reconing a pair of Era's and the only 2 hard parts i predict is stitching the toe panel back to the side panels and removing and replacing the eyelets, mostly removing the eyelets tho. I will def post up the work here in a week or so just because i just started taking them apart. Thanks a lot for the post up on the blog.
F&F Web Store
F&F Blogspot
F&F Facebook
F&F Ebay
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Removing the eyelets should be easy, if it's anything like removing rivets. I used to use rivets a lot on car stuff, and you just have to drill them out. You grind out the inner piece, so it becomes thin, and then it will just fall out. The trick is finding the exact drill bit size that is needed. Try getting some of those "step-drill" bits that are sold at harbor freight. They're cheap, and are easy to use. Hehe, I hope that helps.
Desp1
UTPL Private

Post by Desp1 »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Removing the eyelets should be easy, if it's anything like removing rivets. I used to use rivets a lot on car stuff, and you just have to drill them out. You grind out the inner piece, so it becomes thin, and then it will just fall out. The trick is finding the exact drill bit size that is needed. Try getting some of those "step-drill" bits that are sold at harbor freight. They're cheap, and are easy to use. Hehe, I hope that helps.
Will def try that out, i was just planning to pry them out with a screw driver and brute force lol.
I added OTWS to my blog and send you guys a shout out, hit up the blog to check it out when u have time.
Once again thanks for the support and for posting up my work, also thanks for the advice will def try your method out and see how it works out.
F&F Web Store
F&F Blogspot
F&F Facebook
F&F Ebay
Portugal.
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Portugal. »

very clean work, that denim looks so clean with that royal blue suede too

Looking For These in Sizes 9-11. PM if Selling at a Good Price:
-Vans Wtaps
-Vans Syndicates
-Vans Rick Griffin E-Street
Desp1
UTPL Private

Post by Desp1 »

Just wanted to let you guys know that because i am moving soon i am getting rid of a lot of my custom kicks. I have put up the Vans SK8 Hi "SSD1" up for sale at e-bay. You can hit up the link below to purchase them if you want: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 362wt_1137

There will be a few more pairs of kicks up soon i just have to sort through all the stuff i have to see what i will be getting rid off.
F&F Web Store
F&F Blogspot
F&F Facebook
F&F Ebay