Whaddup, Y'all

Introduce yourself - maybe add a pic of your collection, or favorite kicks!
dirty_dayday
UTPL Private

Whaddup, Y'all

Post by dirty_dayday »

I'm so happy I finally found a place to harbor the greatness of vans. I love all kinds of kicks, but I'd definitely say Vans are my favorite. All the sneaker sites I frequent are only hype on Nike, Jordan, Puma, Adidas, Reebok, you know.. the typical stuff. I've been looking for a site like this!

Recently just copped a pair of "Vans x UBIQ" 3-Tides Eras.. took a real hunt to find em DS and in my size! Picking 'em up Saturday from the consignment shop. I love unique collaborations like this. Really makes you appreciate the authenticity of Vans.

I don't really like the Marvel series they released, but the Spiderman ones really caught my eye. He was always my favorite growing up, and I used a Mary Jane/Peter Parker reference in one of my recent slam poems, so it was only right that I got them, as well.

Anyways, again, I'm really happy to have found UTPL! (Is that what y'all call it now? haha)
I'M NEW! DON'T SHOOT!

Just a young thug gettin' his degree and pickin' up some dope kicks on the way.

FMOI: @dirty_dayday
Sz. 9-10

WISHLIST:
Vault x Sole Classics - Carmen
California Hiker - Fig/Black
Vault x Bows & Arrows - Acid Test

#WeAre
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Whaddup, Y'all

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Hehe welcome bro! Some reference us as UTPL, but I just prefer UTP, or Underthepalms, because I think we, or at least "I" gravitate towards the "Stuck Under The Palms" mentality. The struggle is real, lol! If some of you have noticed, I've reserved www.stuckunderthepalms.com and it redirects to underthepalmleaves.com. Don't be surprised if one day the primary domain name is changed to it.

Anyways, I'm fuckin' happy you are a Vans collector, and you found us! I know our site and forum don't look like much, but belive me, not a single Vans release gets by us. Someone is in the loop, and we share info, and even sometimes try to help each other get pairs. I emphasize SOMETIMES. A perfect example would be those UBIQ's that you found at a consignment shop. That shoe release was aggravating, and a lot of people were left high and dry. There was some fuckery here and there, like full size runs showing up on eBay (and in-hand ready to ship) before the release date. Just be lucky to own a pair. They're one of the best Vans releases of the year, and not just for Vault. Hopefully you stick around, share your pairs, and help contribute here. This community doesn't exist without everyone's collective effort and input! WELCOME!
TreatnHerRight
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TreatnHerRight »

DJGuamstyles wrote:Hehe welcome bro! Some reference us as UTPL, but I just prefer UTP, or Underthepalms, because I think we, or at least "I" gravitate towards the "Stuck Under The Palms" mentality. The struggle is real, lol! If some of you have noticed, I've reserved http://www.stuckunderthepalms.com and it redirects to underthepalmleaves.com. Don't be surprised if one day the primary domain name is changed to it.

Anyways, I'm fuckin' happy you are a Vans collector, and you found us! I know our site and forum don't look like much, but belive me, not a single Vans release gets by us. Someone is in the loop, and we share info, and even sometimes try to help each other get pairs. I emphasize SOMETIMES. A perfect example would be those UBIQ's that you found at a consignment shop. That shoe release was aggravating, and a lot of people were left high and dry. There was some fuckery here and there, like full size runs showing up on eBay (and in-hand ready to ship) before the release date. Just be lucky to own a pair. They're one of the best Vans releases of the year, and not just for Vault. Hopefully you stick around, share your pairs, and help contribute here. This community doesn't exist without everyone's collective effort and input! WELCOME!
You always take the words right out of my mouth lol.

Welcome to the site man. As he said we all try to help each other out here. And we all love to chat about upcoming releases and share our own shoes. Still wanting those UBIQs, but im a broke college student lol. Nice Pickup, you should check out our threads in the "OTW Fam" forum too. Youde probably be amazing at how big some of these guys collections are, inspires me lol. And im just getting started.
@TreatnHerRight on Twitter and Instagram (Also @VansCollector on Instagram -R.I.P-) VansCollector.tumblr.com for Tumblr
Wants Any Size 13
Vault
Syndicate
Wtaps Bones
RobM23
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by RobM23 »

Welcome brother! I'm also new, go back and read older threads! there's a lot of very interesting info and a lot of very knowledgeable people in here willing to help you out.

Those UBIQs are fire! One of the pairs I have on my wishlist.
Vans Syndicate and Tattoos
Want:
Any Jazz Stripe Syndicate Pack Old Skool/Sk8-Hi
Navy/Black
Size 9.5/10
dirty_dayday
UTPL Private

Post by dirty_dayday »

Man, I've just been browsing the forum during my lecture classes, and I'm already stuck! I love this place. Seems like such a chill atmosphere. Makes me wish I went to school in Cali! haha. When I get back to my dorm, I'll upload a few pics!
I'M NEW! DON'T SHOOT!

Sz. 9-10

WISHLIST:

#WeAre
LV_1790
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by LV_1790 »

Welcome to the site and nice ubiqs!
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

Welcome! And no worries we don't shoot new members.
sz 11
dirty_dayday
UTPL Private

Post by dirty_dayday »

erwin wrote:Welcome! And no worries we don't shoot new members.

Haha, definitely very comforting to know!
I'M NEW! DON'T SHOOT!

Sz. 9-10

WISHLIST:

#WeAre
chrisVH
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by chrisVH »

Welcome stick around and stay away from the heads up thread you'll end up spending a lot more money than you imagined haha.
Chris
Looking to buy vans size 9.5-10.5
Instagram: puzzlechris
dirty_dayday
UTPL Private

Post by dirty_dayday »

Maaaaan, tell me how the consignment shop actually SOLD the vans before I got there.. smh. Apparently, someone placed an order on the shoes 15 mins before I did, and I didn't hear about it until I actually went in store to pick them up. Smh. Back on the look out.
I'M NEW! DON'T SHOOT!

Sz. 9-10

WISHLIST:

#WeAre
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

If that consignment shop made you an agreement to hold it for you, then yeah that sucks, but if you just saw it but didn't ask them to hold it, then yeah, early bird gets the worm bro! That's a tough shoe to let slip through too, as it's almost non-existent.
RobM23
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by RobM23 »

That sucks
Vans Syndicate and Tattoos
Want:
Any Jazz Stripe Syndicate Pack Old Skool/Sk8-Hi
Navy/Black
Size 9.5/10
TreatnHerRight
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TreatnHerRight »

Damn brooo, that sucks.
I hope you find another good deal on em!
@TreatnHerRight on Twitter and Instagram (Also @VansCollector on Instagram -R.I.P-) VansCollector.tumblr.com for Tumblr
Wants Any Size 13
Vault
Syndicate
Wtaps Bones
dirty_dayday
UTPL Private

Post by dirty_dayday »

DJGuamstyles wrote:If that consignment shop made you an agreement to hold it for you, then yeah that sucks, but if you just saw it but didn't ask them to hold it, then yeah, early bird gets the worm bro! That's a tough shoe to let slip through too, as it's almost non-existent.

Well they charged my account, so I'm assuming that was me saying "yo, hold on to these bruh", lol. I got refunded and some, but still.. I'd rather be rocking some shoes.

Guess that just means they'll feel even better when I finally get em!
I'M NEW! DON'T SHOOT!

Sz. 9-10

WISHLIST:

#WeAre
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Oh then that's entirely different. FUck that shop if they took your money and then sold it to someone else. Don't do business with incompetent sneakerheads who decide to open a sneaker consignment shop. Survival of the fittest man. They will eventually fail if they don't change their ways. Oh and upport those who support you!