Vault x Blends - Old Skool Zip LX "Bones"

Vans' limited edition premium line.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Vault x Blends - Old Skool Zip LX "Bones"

Post by DJGuamstyles »

There is a little bit of embellishing on the Diemme's in my opinion. Italian's are snobbish when it comes to their shoes, and I think the image of Italian made shoes allowed them to justify the $300 MSRP. They are elitists, lol, which explains the Diemme shoes only showing EU sizing. The cupsoles that were used on their collabs are better than a Vans sole, but so are Skechers. Fine leather can be found all over the world, as long as there are pigs and cows there, example: any Made In USA New Balance. If you think about it, the Chinese pairs are hand made too, just not by people with a fancy title. If anything, the Chinese are way more productive than the Italians. It's just too bad that the factory owners exploit their people with ridiculously low wages and working conditions. Same exploitation happens here if you work for major retail corporations, but not so much in working conditions, but with pay. All for the greater good of the corporation's profits! Wow, I guess it's one of those Mondays, haha!
SupremeAssassin
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by SupremeAssassin »

DJGuamstyles wrote:There is a little bit of embellishing on the Diemme's in my opinion. Italian's are snobbish when it comes to their shoes, and I think the image of Italian made shoes allowed them to justify the $300 MSRP. They are elitists, lol, which explains the Diemme shoes only showing EU sizing. The cupsoles that were used on their collabs are better than a Vans sole, but so are Skechers. Fine leather can be found all over the world, as long as there are pigs and cows there, example: any Made In USA New Balance. If you think about it, the Chinese pairs are hand made too, just not by people with a fancy title. If anything, the Chinese are way more productive than the Italians. It's just too bad that the factory owners exploit their people with ridiculously low wages and working conditions. Same exploitation happens here if you work for major retail corporations, but not so much in working conditions, but with pay. All for the greater good of the corporation's profits! Wow, I guess it's one of those Mondays, haha!

Real shit though! I'll back that!
SlipOnFiend
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by SlipOnFiend »

akamedaniel wrote:
SlipOnFiend wrote:If ANYONE wants to swap a size 11.5 or 12 for an 11, let me know. Apparently blends la only had one 12 and one 11.5...
I guess I got the only 12.
I guess so Daniel... :idea:
akamedaniel
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by akamedaniel »

Hit up AND123W, looks like he's sitting on a DS 11.5, maybe you guys can work out a trade, since it looks like he's wearing his 11.
Sz 12
WANTED:
- Vault Leather & Flannel SK8-Hi (Brown)
- Supreme Checkerboard & Corduroy Authentic (Blue, Green, or Red)
- Syndicate Carhartt WIP Old Skool (Brown, Camo or Black) *Size 11.5
- Syndicate Mister Cartoon Authentic (Any Color)
- Vault Cuerpo LX (Monks Robe)
- Vault x Taka Hayashi x Billy Kirk SK8-Hi
All size 12 DS//VNDS//NDS
$$$$$$$
blakplague
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by blakplague »

I'm comparing them because they're both great quality kicks. If price was not a factor would it matter which one you guys would buy? Personally I'd take the Blends Sk8 Hi over the Diemme Sk8 Hi. Purely because of the aesthetics and I feel like the leathers that both shoes used are more or less equal in terms of quality. Diemme is very much a euro take on a Cali design. I'm not sure how Blends design is edgy? I feel like the zipper and bone stripe just make the shoe really luxury-esque, without being snobby. The bone stripe helps keep the shoe grounded in skating.
Last edited by blakplague on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

akamedaniel wrote:Hit up AND123W, looks like he's sitting on a DS 11.5, maybe you guys can work out a trade, since it looks like he's wearing his 11.
Slip-On...if you can manage to get Andrew's DS sz11.5, I'll trade you for my extra sz12, if you throw in like $40. I don't mind having one 11.5 and one 12.
SlipOnFiend
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by SlipOnFiend »

Thanks for the help guys. I'm actually already talking to someone about a trade, so we'll we how that works out. If it doesn't though, I'll definitely ask AND123W.
JGW9
UTPL Private

Post by JGW9 »

Chasing an 11.5 also. There was a pair on eBay, but has since been taken down/sold.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The leather on the Blends Sk8-Hi isn't as soft as the Old Skool. I think they knew the leather wasn't spot-on, and was a little bit GR-ish. It was probably a factory thing. The Old Skool definitely feels better, smells better, and looks better. You can see the small imperfections in the skin. It's awesome.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

tmrsn wrote:one is made by Chinese factory workers and the other is handmade by Italian artisans.
Well said.

Personally I love the Diemme leather but the soles drive me crazy (though the insoles are heavenly), so I have to side with the Blends. Quality is still not the same as Diemme though. No doubt about that.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
JesseC
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by JesseC »

DJGuamstyles wrote:There is a little bit of embellishing on the Diemme's in my opinion. Italian's are snobbish when it comes to their shoes, and I think the image of Italian made shoes allowed them to justify the $300 MSRP. They are elitists, lol, which explains the Diemme shoes only showing EU sizing. The cupsoles that were used on their collabs are better than a Vans sole, but so are Skechers. Fine leather can be found all over the world, as long as there are pigs and cows there, example: any Made In USA New Balance. If you think about it, the Chinese pairs are hand made too, just not by people with a fancy title. If anything, the Chinese are way more productive than the Italians. It's just too bad that the factory owners exploit their people with ridiculously low wages and working conditions. Same exploitation happens here if you work for major retail corporations, but not so much in working conditions, but with pay. All for the greater good of the corporation's profits! Wow, I guess it's one of those Mondays, haha!
Spot on Bill.
I cant believe the leather is really better on the OS. Cant wait to see mine! I'm trying to track down another 9 but so far no luck.
Looking to buy:
.Blends Sk8 Hi in black, 8-9.5 would be accepted. If anyone here has a pair I will trade serious heat for them.
.007 Grime Slip On's (Claw, not the Skull version)
Will pay healthy prices for these. Shoot me a PM.
nurizat
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by nurizat »

Shoe of the year for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
since 66 forever

size 10.5/11
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Wow, they already made it to Singapore? That's some fast shipping!
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
Vandol
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by Vandol »

blakplague wrote:Image

I'm comparing them because they're both great quality kicks. If price was not a factor would it matter which one you guys would buy? Personally I'd take the Blends Sk8 Hi over the Diemme Sk8 Hi. Purely because of the aesthetics and I feel like the leathers that both shoes used are more or less equal in terms of quality. Diemme is very much a euro take on a Cali design. I'm not sure how Blends design is edgy? I feel like the zipper and bone stripe just make the shoe really luxury-esque, without being snobby. The bone stripe helps keep the shoe grounded in skating.
Edgy in terms of doing something different, not the same silhouette the diemmes use. Comparing the two, Like I said before, one is

subtle quality and the other is edgy but in a good way. Also I think the luxury feel comes from Vault entirely along with the price tag, grants you

that image of Vault being the high standard of your favorite vans models, made with quality materials, done right etc.

Honestly if price didnt matter I think I still end up getting both :evil:
9.5-10.5
SYNICATE
005 Era
006 Sk8-Hi/ Era
015 Sk8-Mid Black
018 Era
IG: @mikeythirty
FS:1
nurizat
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by nurizat »

rocketgoof wrote:Wow, they already made it to Singapore? That's some fast shipping!
Nah Man.. Its still in the US at ma friend's place.. He will ship out soon.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
since 66 forever

size 10.5/11