Guerrero x Vans Syndicate

Vans' Core-Skater line.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Re: Guerrero x Vans Syndicate

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

JIGSAWjr wrote:Easy pass. Both of those look terrible.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

just tossed a few pics up on our blog and fb page.... my shots came out a little too "artistic", but im still trying to just get a solid focus w/ my new camera...but should let you guys see at least what you are looking at material wise...

these shoes couldnt possibly be more soft of a leather, any softer and they would fall apart skating....really nice quality stuff....and the perf is very subtle.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
FTHATIMFAMOUS
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by FTHATIMFAMOUS »

The materials look really nice, I would pick up the Slip on if there was a white mid sole.
FTHATIMFAMOUS
-SoCal
-Size 9, 9.5
-Vouch
-Listing
-Wanted
-Blog
-Twitter

wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

Thanks a lot Brant!! I'm super stoked I got the OS from you after the better pics of them. And after hearing this...
silokinesis wrote:these shoes couldnt possibly be more soft of a leather, any softer and they would fall apart skating....really nice quality stuff....and the perf is very subtle.
After all I dont skate! haha
sz12
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

Not only are these probably one the ugliest shoe they've put out on Syndicate but the foxing stripe is missing one more time...... Fuck that shit bothers me. + This doesn't say not one bit of Syndicate to me, I don't see it.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

Derek wrote:Not only are these probably one the ugliest shoe they've put out on Syndicate but the foxing stripe is missing one more time...... Fuck that shit bothers me. + This doesn't say not one bit of Syndicate to me, I don't see it.
^^ Puhlease ^^ And how do the Wes Humpstons say Syndicate? Honestly the weakest graphic to put on a shoe... (No offense if you like the Mid Skools.)

I'm just saying there are uglier shoes that have been put out by Syndicate and the Guerrero's say "Syndicate" more so than a couple other shoes they have put out...
Last edited by wolfstrice09 on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
sz12
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Aw hell naaw, Mid Skools aren't near as bad as that Guerrero collab. In fact, they're not bad (exept the one on the left in the top pic and the one on the left in the bottom pic).

Yeah, WH's are pretty weak :)
Last edited by Crimson Ghost on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

Crimson Ghost wrote:Aw hell naaw, Mid Skools aren't near as bad as that Guerrero collab. In fact, they're not bad (exept the one on the left in the top pic and the one on the left in the bottom pic).

Yeah, WH's are pretty weak :)
^ And yes WHs are weak
sz12
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

Haha, yeah Mid Skools, gotta punish myslef for that :lol:
Stoopz
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Stoopz »

Guerrero's a pretty low key dude, so I'm sure thats why he went with such a minamilist design/color scheme. I don't think they're that bad, but still not something I'm running out to get.
size11.5
Derek
UTPL Captain
UTPL Captain

Post by Derek »

Wolfstrice, I'd love to have every single pair you just posted & I guess you're right about the Humpstons. These just look a lot like an OTW shoe to me.

(I'm a sucker for camo, especially desert, woodland, tiger stripe)
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

The midskools are my first pair of Syndicates, so I'm partial to them, plus they feel really good. Much better than a Sk8-Hi. Wes Humpstons are way more significant, than even W)Taps or Taka Hayashi for skateboarding culture, but his shoes weren't as popular. I think they probably did really well with HIS demographic. He designed his shoes for what he's into, and to show his style, the free-hand pinstriping styles that he's known for on his board art. O.G. Dog-Town skater too. Tommy Guerrero's releases look like they're more about his music influence, and just the fact that it's a Syndicate collab, is the skating influence. That's my thoughts at least.
silokinesis
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by silokinesis »

^ i am very partial to the mid skools as well... and agree with everything else you said...Syndicate, to me, is about respecting the past as well as pushing the envelope for the future. Its taken me a while to warm up to black mid soles overall, personally but as you said, these are true to his roots and style and that makes them a solid release in my book.
Silo. authorized vans syndicate dealer -current release available via http://shop.silostore.com! Or PM for previous releases...
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yup, Syndicate works with credible, as well as incredible artists, and iconic figures, so those artists don't want to put out something with their name on it, if it can't be respected by their peers. That should be where your respect comes from. People who know you, and do what you do. Everyone outside of that realm, like us, are just commentators, and that's it. We're the equivalent of what ESPN is, to sports. You're either in the game, or you're just talking about it. Most of us, just talk about it :roll:. It doesn't mean we can't influence, though! ;)
TomCat
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TomCat »

One thing to remember, the Syndicate line was originally intended to be the "skate only" line through Vans. If you think that the shoe isn't "Syndicate" then you don't know skateboarding or anything about Tommy G. Do your homework.

As for the shoe itself. I have never been a huge fan of leather shoes, but I did pick up the black authentics from the last Syndicate drop and I dig the slip on, but not so much the old skool.