Vans x Max Schaaf

Vans' collaborations with other brands.
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Re: Vans x Max Schaaf

Post by wolfstrice09 »

collective has one w/out it too… sad they got rid of the ollie pad.
sz12
TomCat
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by TomCat »

The shoe looks way lame without the ollie pad. When 510 re-released the Schaaf Syndiate pack and the sk8 mid plus the era, the era had the ollie pad for the display model. But, I was told there was some problem with the era so they only had the sk8 mid, guess the reason was the ollie pad.
chrisVH
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by chrisVH »

UBS just sent an email saying they shipped finally. Guess I'll see what I get when they come in.
Chris
Looking to buy vans size 9.5-10.5
Instagram: puzzlechris
bendik
UTPL Private

Post by bendik »

Bummed that they sent out the shoes without even telling us they changed it and removed the ollie pad.
That was what made me order the shoes in the first place. I guess Ill have to wait and see if they look cool in person.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Yeah, same here. Mine are supposed to arrive today, but I think I'm going to send a disgruntled email to UBS even if I like them. They should at least tell us that the shoe is aesthetically different now.
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

sz 11
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Yeah, I did see that. However, they didn't inform any of the people that preordered the shoe that the shoe they were actually getting was different from the one they'd been advertising for months. Pretty sure I'll be fine with this shoe, I just think there will be lots of disappointed people, since not everybody checks as closely as those of us on the board. haha
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
erwin
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by erwin »

Schaaf S complete

sz 11
jlopez562
UTPL Private

Post by jlopez562 »

those eras are nice ..... lucky !!! having the whole set lol
bendik
UTPL Private

Post by bendik »

Got an e-mail from UBS:

Dear Customer,

We would like to to take this time to again thank you for purchasing a pair of The Vans 4Q Era Pro Shoe (Max Schaaf/Black). Many of our customers who placed orders for this shoe patiently awaited the arrival of this shoe. The production and shipment of this shoe as many of you know, was severely delayed. We apologize again for the delays that occurred during this process and greatly appreciate your patience.

It was also brought to our attention that Vans slightly altered the design during production of this shoe. What was originally designed and advertised and what was actually produced was slightly different. The original design of the 4Q Era included an ollie patch on the outside of each shoe. We're sure that everyone agreed this was a unique (and awesome!) feature of the shoe. We were so quick to finally ship out our orders for our customers who waited so long for the shoes that we didn't even see the final design until most orders were already processed. It is unknown why Vans decided to remove this feature. On behalf of Vans and Utility, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

We want to make this up to you. We've created a one-time use promotional code that will deduct 20% off your entire next order of regular priced merchandise. It will be valid up until one year from today's date (August 19, 2012). Your order number (invoice number) will be your promotional code. When you place your next order on our website, please enter your order number that is located at the top of this email into the box inside your shopping cart where you are asked to enter a promotional code.

Again, we are really sorry for the delay of the release of the shoe and for the altered design. If we may further assist you in any way, please feel to contact us back.

Thank you for your support!

Utility Board Supply
www.utilityboardsupply.com
(888) 566-6596 toll free

Thats good enough for me :)
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Me too. That's great that they did that!
MiniGreek
UTPL Private

Post by MiniGreek »

Hey has this happened to anyone else's pairs? I've had em for like a week and the canvas is splitting along the line of the foxing tape. Haven't skated them or anything, hell, I've worn them 3 times to work and i have a desk job....

DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

That looks like a slice along the edge of the foxing! I don't have any waxed canvas shoes like these, but perhaps this may be a side effect from the waxed canvas.
chrisVH
UTPL Colonel
UTPL Colonel

Post by chrisVH »

I haven't even worn mine yet hopefully this isn't a common thing.
Chris
Looking to buy vans size 9.5-10.5
Instagram: puzzlechris
wolfstrice09
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by wolfstrice09 »

take it back to wherever you got them from. They should either refund you or give you another pair. With something like this you could also go to Vans with this. They might give you a free pair or store credit.
sz12