Collaborations you'd like to see

Vans' collaborations with other brands.
Tampawafflehead
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Re: Collaborations you'd like to see

Post by Tampawafflehead »

Lol yeah I was talking about that palace hi... I usually have to post from mobile so it's tought to do all the quotes and stuff, and btw... I just drooled all over the phone on those palaces.. Haaaaaaaaave meeeeercy ( in my best uncle Jessie voice) umm and yeah I totally don't expect them to NEVER use real snake skin or gator lol it's just one of those things to me I won't cop, I feel it's just cheap to not use the real stuff? Either way, ummm I would absolutely love to see some otw sites... Like spot had there's and based the cw off their of web site colors, I think the black blue and gray on here could be a good cw, the things that make a great colab/ a great shoe in general is he detail work, it's what vans is known for to me, all the little things, aglets, unique eyelets, the little branding tags where they turn over to say vans on the under side or whatever, and good combinations of materials, personally I would love to see a like darker or earth tone cw with just a ton of detail and good materials that way you'll wear em more often and they'll just go with more? As far as the silohettes.. Personally.. Sk8 hi, Half Cab or an authentic, and obviously like LX or pro foot beds, I actually prefer the Cali footbeds over the drop in pu footbeds for casual wear, in the end a good colab always comes down to the details, like on a hc or sk8 hi u can do lace locks but do metal not plastic/ rubber.. No generic sock liners etc, ooo another thing.. Something people haven't really seen before or seen much of, I know that's a talk order lol but those are the things that would.. If it hypothetically happens that would set it apart or on that level with other great releases

Oh and another colab that would absolutely never ever happen but I can just imagine it looking soooo clean..

VANS X CAMEL?! Haha there's soo many good cws or directions u could take it... U could do like an old vintage look for the old packs, a joe camel one all bright and loud, haha maybe even a new one for those camel crushes?! Haha god I need to stop smoking those!
http://spacesavers.tumblr.com/
Wtb new or lightly used well loved vans in sz10
in4mation HC's and pendelton taka native print hi's
Tampawafflehead
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Oh.... Man.... How about like insoles with the like HTML code, or the dust bag or the pullout box liner with the code all over it??
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Man, I want what you're having! Them ideas are just flowing!
Tampawafflehead
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Lol I can't help it!! I work 2 jobs and one is a hotel night shift so I got a lot of free time to ponder stuff haha
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

We gotta be careful on here though! We might be giving away free design ideas. It already sorta happened with my OTWS Cali flag, hehe. They made a tee and a trucker hat! Fuckers!
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

DJGuamstyles wrote:That would look dope. Like with the same leather and mesh combo?
Yup, everything the same with the addition of:

Except it would say OTWS :twisted:
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Very nice! I have the Stussy font, so maybe we can do some customs ones, hehe.
rocketgoof
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by rocketgoof »

Nah, I saw we keep it with traditional OTWS fonts to keep it more "us." I guess that means it'd have to be a syndicate collab since the logo has the "s" in it? haha
Hello, my name is Kyle and I'm addicted to Vans. I'm a size 9.5 or 10.

Looking for Supreme Disruptive Era's (any color, but especially teal), Supreme dark teal pebbled leather chukka, navy GR Zero Lo's...

@IAmRocketKyle on the instagramz.
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

Yeah, now we're really dreaming!
Crimson Ghost
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by Crimson Ghost »

rocketgoof wrote:Nah, I saw we keep it with traditional OTWS fonts to keep it more "us."
That's right! I just showed the photo because I didn't know how to call it, since it's not an embroidery or whatever.
magas
UTPL Major
UTPL Major

Post by magas »

may be we should do a custom colorway of oldskool from the vans site then get it embroidered, or just asked HUSH to custom a bunch of vans for us.
I LIKE IT ROUND LIKE THE MOON
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

I've always considered that as well. Embroidery tags or patches are a nice touch, always. Which colorway? We can do a camo variant of the Supreme Old Skools! It won't be the exact color blocking, but since the shape is similar to that older Old Skool, it can be close. We can also make a hang tag for the side as well. I've also considered trying to make a black and white Old Skool, and making it into a Hosoi 1st rising sun version. I wonder how that would look? So many ideas!
Tampawafflehead
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

I know, I obviously could go on for days about this stuff lol ooooo I bet you could with either like acetone or something like that, take the print off the heel tab and paint u up a new one.. Or take a heat gun or blow dryer and take it completely off like on the c'est la vie's or whatever I prob butchered that French ish lol
traintracks
UTPL Sergeant
UTPL Sergeant

Post by traintracks »

i don't think it's been mentioned and i wouldn't want it to go into production but imagine the hype on a collaboration with kanye west. all hell would break loose. just a thought :lol:
WTB:
Vans x Wtaps 003 bones chukkas 10
Vans x Supreme Evil Empire 10
Vans Supreme Ari (White/Red) 10
DJGuamstyles
UTPL General
UTPL General

Post by DJGuamstyles »

This is what I was talking about, as far as an Old Skool "Hosoi" edition. Photoshoppped :P